Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

budgeting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to move away in september for uni, for the first time. i'm worried about budgeting my money. Anyone here was a student with a budget plan or spending limits? any unexpected costs? or any financial disasters? Would be grateful for advice, stories and tips x :)

Comments

• Options
    :wave:

I budget for uni, and have found it helpful. I didn't budget as carefully this last term and I'm 500 in the red! I'm sure everyone does it differently but I split it up into monthly costs such as accommodation, bills, phone contract etc and then have a weekly budget for food etc. I use an excel spreadsheet :) I also have some money left over for things like getting my hair cut, buying contact lenses etc :)
  • Options
    Hiya

Going to uni is such an exciting time - but it can be scary too, especially having to manage your own finances for the first time.

Just to say that we have a student money section here on TheSite - I'm sure other will give you lots of first-hand tips, but some of the articles in here may be handy to look at too.

:)
  • Options
    Thanks for replies both have given me an insight. storing it on a sheet is a good idea. I have checked the site and found various videos helpful i was unable to access the full site at the time of posting as I was using mobile site:). Still interested to hear others experiences