Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kitten peeing everywhere

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
He's had the snip, so its not spraying its actual pee. I caught him in the act just now, and he pooed in my room last week. I thought it might have been because he was shut in but i really don't know why he's doing it. Could it be because I'm not well and he's looking for attention or could he be unwell?

Its worrying me now :(

Comments

• Options
    Silly question but are the litter trays clean? My two kitties are really really fussy and won't use theirs unless they are really clean!

If this behaviour is unusual for him and the trays are clean, I'd get him checked out by a vet as there might be a medical reason why he is doing it.
  • Options
    I just changed the litter tray and he just pooed on the bathroom floor...

of all weeks why this one?
  • Options
    Have you tried changing the brand of litter? It might be that he doesn't like the litter you are using. Sounds silly but cats are really fussy!
  • Options
    I have changed the brand but he is still using the litter tray. He's only doing it in my room and the bathroom (where his litter tray is). I called the vets and they said because I've just had the place painted and carpets put down he's probably feeling a little unnerved, so they suggested felliway - which is bloody expencive! But I might just give it a go! Unless anyone else can suggest a cheaper brand or a natural alternative?
  • Options
    Piccolo and I used felliway, worked pretty bloody well on the cat.

Its expensive, the cheapest I've found it is actually on amazon, but it seems to be worth it.
  • Options
    Cats don't like change so it's probably any upheaval recently. If you have the clumpy cat litter it has to be done evry day, 2 days at the most (sorry if i'm preching to the converted).

Toms can and do still spray their sexy/territorial message if they've seen Dr Snips. You won't get the immedeately stinky tom smell as they don't produce that anymore but there is a bit of wee and that'll stink after a few days.

Give him some fuss, some nice food and talk to him.
  • Options
    I haven't been doing it anywhere near that often so I'll do that!

Ordered some felliway, and kittenmama and granita (my mum) are going to fuss him even more and see if that helps #kitten=baby substitute :/