Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Daft question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 6' 2". Would you ever go out with someone who's 4' 10" ?

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    FishyFrags wrote: »
    I'm 6' 2".
    Good for you.
    Would you ever go out with someone who's 4' 10" ?
    Sure, why not? Why would their height matter?

And, how was your height relevant to what I'd do?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She's 22 and I'm 29. Just wondering if it was normal.

Just started talking to her online and I hope it leads somewhere :)
    There's no such thing as normal.

If you like each other height and age are irrelevant.
    I'm 5'1 and I couldnt care how tall or short someone I'm dating is. But I do tell them to bend their knees to spare their back :P
    Nope.

I'm 6'4 and the height difference would just be too weird. It would be too physically awkward.

Good for you.

Sure, why not? Why would their height matter?

And, how was your height relevant to what I'd do?

Don't be an arse.
    Infinite. wrote: »
    Don't be an arse.
    I'm not being an arse... Only a pedant.
    I'm not being an arse... Only a pedant.

It's still being an arse. And like all those who proudly announce their pedantry, you made a grammatical error.
    It's still being an arse. And like all those who proudly announce their pedantry, you made a grammatical error.
    Are you referring to starting a sentence with "and" (which isn't really an error as far as a search can find), the comma following it or something I haven't noticed?

In any case, if I seemed like an arse -sorry. I just thought it was funny how the OP was phrased.
    Are you referring to starting a sentence with "and" (which isn't really an error as far as a search can find), the comma following it or something I haven't noticed?

In any case, if I seemed like an arse -sorry. I just thought it was funny how the OP was phrased.

The capitalisation of the o in 'only' following the ellipses. To be honest, I would have said that there was a mistake even if there wasn't. It's funny to see the self doubt hit a pedant :p
    The capitalisation of the o in 'only' following the ellipses. To be honest, I would have said that there was a mistake even if there wasn't. It's funny to see the self doubt hit a pedant :p
    I'm not bothered by making mistakes, only knowing what they are. ;)
    I think we've derailed the thread enough, although tbh I don't think there's anything more to say on the original topic.
    I'm 6'0 and Dr Roll is 5'4, I quite like the fact I'm taller than her: me man me protect, all that jazz. My ex was 5'2.

I don't see why it couldn't or wouldn't work. My mum is 4'11 and my dad's 5'11. My ex's mum is 4'10 and her dad is 6'4. It really doesn't matter.
    I think I would find it more weird if the boy was the same height as me. Them being taller seems right some how.
    I think I would find it more weird if the boy was the same height as me. Them being taller seems right some how.

Now imagine how much dating sucks for me.
    I would not let height be a factor, unless maybe I am 4'10" and the girl is 6'2".
    I'm 5ft 2 and have been out with guys who are 6ft 2/3 and it doesn't bother me. I guess it's personal choice though.
    She'll only reach my shoulders. Well, I guess I'm not that bothered about the height.

Think this was a waste of a thread. Oh well.
    Got a feeling that she won't reply. No one ever does :crying:

BUT we'll see
    Got a feeling that she won't reply. No one ever does :crying:

Based on what I've seen you post here over time, the reason for that is likely two-fold. Firstly, because you're constantly wallowing in self-pity, and secondly because you make excuse after excuse as to why you shouldn't do things. The first of those is not an attractive quality, and the second of those ensures that you don't follow through on the ones that beat the odds on issue number 1.

If you want to turn things around, you need to start developing some self-belief, and stop making excuses all the time.
    She'll only reach my shoulders. Well, I guess I'm not that bothered about the height.

I imagine in the majority of relationships this is about the height difference.
    I'm 6'4" and my partner is 5'6". There's quite a height difference in photographs but less noticeable when we are lying in bed.

Personally, I guess I would find someone under 5' rather 'awkward' for me but many tall and short people get together without any apparent issues.
    She'll only reach my shoulders.

And why does that matter? As someone who is 5ft, someone who is 6ft would be too tall for me. Most of my male friends are around that height and having to look up to them whilst talking to them is uncomfortable. :(
    Melian wrote: »
    And why does that matter?

You say this as if it shouldn't matter...
    As someone who is 5ft, someone who is 6ft would be too tall for me. Most of my male friends are around that height and having to look up to them whilst talking to them is uncomfortable. :(

But then go on to say it does matter?

Very confused.
    You say this as if it shouldn't matter...

But then go on to say it does matter?

Very confused.

There's a huge difference between coming up to someones shoulder and another having to actually look up to them when you're talking to them.
    There's a huge difference between coming up to someones shoulder and another having to actually look up to them when you're talking to them.

There isn't, I'm still confused. Either you think height matters or it doesn't?

I'm 6'0" and I look down on most people. People who are 5'0" or around that come up to my shoulders. They make good arm rests.
    There isn't, I'm still confused. Either you think height matters or it doesn't?

Urgh. I really on't understand why you're confused.
    Urgh. I really on't understand why you're confused.

I'm confused too. When someone is eye level with my chest they're gonna be looking up at me.
    And smiling.
    I'm 5ft 2 and I look up to most people/people look down to me, doesn't bother me at all. I hardly notice it unless we're stood in front of a mirror or something!