Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mental health ups and downs !! :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

Lately things have been really up and down and it worries me, a few weeks back about a month I think something like that, I got taken off my meds because I kept oding on them and I was at risk,( well still am) but lately I keep getting really bad highs and then suddlenly ill be really really low, ive never had this before, before my mood was just low all the time, people may think being really high is a good thing, but its not when I suddlenly drop to very low.
For example: past few days I have been really high, and then tonight I was just crying and so upset, and it started of that nothing made me feel like that and then things happened with a friend which made it even worse. But my team are not listening to me, well I hardly see them, I have not heard from my nurse for 3 and half weeks. I got told last week I would see her this week but nothing has happened, I just feel like giving up and I just don't know what to do anymore, im trying so hard but it doesn't look/ feel like im going anyway. I just cant cope with being low.

Comments

• Options
    Don't forget that one of the symptoms of depression is mood swings... also... i'm not sure they should have just taken you off meds and then leave you alone like this, it's not right. Is there any way you can get a family member/ friend/ advocate to speak up for you so hopefully the team will listen? Or perhaps write them a letter? Surely they could have just given you your meds on a weekly basis so there's less risk...?
    My team has been like this lately and it has been really tough... keep talking on here cause I think a lot of people find it helps.
  • Options
    Hi Holly :wave:

This sounds really tough for you. As Nutter mentioned, been taken off medication and being left without support isn't right. Coming off meds without cutting down can send you into withdrawal, which isn't nice, but it could be linked to how your feeling.

Is there anyone else within your mental health team who you can contact? Failing that, speaking to your GP about how things currently are is an option. I know a lot of people are against the idea, but if you're feeling really unsafe you can go to your nearest A&E, I totally understand if that is out of the question though.

*hug*
  • Options
    Hi, thank you both for replying, I was already getting my meds weekly as it was. My go is not that great, he wad the one who took me off my meds, it's just so hard and I failing put with all my friends because of my mood being so up and down. X
  • Options
    Holly :heart:

I get this all time, and its a very bad thing for me to get too high mood. But like what Nutter and ella have said, try and talk to your team by writing a letter or seeing if a friend will go with you. If they still aren't listen to you ect. then you can always request to have someone different.

let us know how you get on ect.

*hug*