Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

how to cope when u lose someone close :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Quite recently my Granma passed away.ever since she died i not been able to cope with my tears and upset. I want to die with my Granma i feel that bad i really want to be there with her i cont cont cope anymore :crying::crying::crying:

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sorry to hear about how your feeling and about your grandma. Its normal to feel upset do you have anyone who you can talk too? A family member or a close friend. You can always speak to us. We care.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Heather,

When my grand father past away, I was really young, but I found it really difficult. So, I can sympathize with what you're going through, you're not alone. It sounds like the death of your grandmother has had a somewhat rather overwhelming aspect to it, what coping strategies and techniques are you using?

Loosing anyone to death is a scary experience for the loved ones left behind, Some times are emotions can be hay wire and all over the place and we don't know how to control it, for me, at first it left a rather numbing sensation, one I found difficult to get rid off, however lingering on to it wasn't really going to do me anything, as tempting as that was, other than leave me feeling miserable. Sometimes talking to other family members about the one whose past away can also help a bit.

Often just being able to express and share your emotions with other people can really help you, have you spoken to other family members about our grand mother?

You could also try calling Cruse, I've never used them personally, as I've always stuck to Samaritans, however, a friend of mine who took on their support found it very helpful. CRUSE - Offers counselling, support, information and advice for anyone bereaved by death. You can also find your local cruse centre via the website.

home_search_heading.png

TheSite.org have a lot of useful information on 'Dealing with death' to, that you might want to check out :)

Best wishes,
    Angel