Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Messages to *Simba* AKA Sam

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Sadly Sam won't be able to read this as she's currently unconscious in hospital having suffered a blow to the head in a car accident. :(

This happened in the UK over the weekend and it sounds like it's an enforced coma to give her a chance to recover - there's quite a lot of swelling at the moment. Having said this, there hasn't been any surgery, and so I'm hoping this is because the injury isn't severe enough and this is a matter of being in a safe resting place to get better over time...

So, I know it's hard news, but I wanted to let you know having chatted to Jen about it this morning. And give you a chance to send some well wishes - I think it will help Jen to have some moral support during this tough, tough time. She can also perhaps tell Sam the messages in hospital - there's a lot of discussion about whether or not patients can hear - apparently it's the last sense to go...

So - Sam, we're spurring you on to recover and hope you are peaceful right now. :heart:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :(

I don't know what to say.

Hope you get well soon Sam, we all love you here :heart:

*hug* to Jen too.
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    I am so sorry to hear this news, because I know Sam has been through so much. :crying:
    I wish her a full recovery and send her massive hugs. She is so great in chat and a wonderful person. I hope her family and loved ones will be ok too. :)
  • Options
    Thinking of you Sam - and Jen - and sending all the best wishes for recovery in the world. Much love, Fostress *hug**hug**hug*
  • Options
    Get well soon please xxx
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    God! I was just worrying yesterday because of the lack of news.

I hope she's OK in the end.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    :( That sucks. Sorry to hear the new Sam & Jen, but I hope you'll be on the mend soon *hug* xx
  • Options
    Iam sat here just read it and iam in tears hearing about Sam and jen:(

hope u get better soon will missing u and thinking of u. Fingers and toes crossed.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I don't know what to say...Sending out best wishes to Sam and Jen, and I hope Sam has a healthy recovery, I really don't know what to say.
  • Options
    Sending all my love to Sammy, love you lots and wishing you a super speedy recovery <3

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    Get well soon Sam, so sorry to hear the news
  • Options
    How awful. Hope Sam gets better soon.
  • Options
    :heart:
  • Options
    I was thinking about Sam, after not hearing from her for a while. This is sad news.
    Thinking of you Sam :heart: *hug*

Jen *hug*
  • Options
  • Options
    Get well soon Sam. *hug*
  • Options
    Thinking of you right now :heart:
  • Options
    Get well soon Sam. You'll certainly be missed in chat, but I'm sure with your lively and fun personality, you'll brighten the days of the hospital staff when you wake up.
  • Options
    Hey Sam,

Absolutely floored and gutted to hear about this.

Emma and I are sending our love :heart: we are thinking of you and Jen both.

I can't really think of anything else to say, I'm just lost for words. :( you have cheered me up so many times in chat, with the things you come out (you're always eternally lovely) and the sleepover thread. I remember you were the first person to tell of my feelings for Emma and you were just awesome about it... :)

Lots of love to you both, rest up well and let that brain recover nice and super duper.
  • Options
    i..... i really dont know what to say part from come on sam u can recover from this be back here like nothing has happened.....

lots of love to u and jen xxxxxx
  • Options
    I don't know you but I send you my best wishes sam. Get well soon.
  • Options
    Sam! Wake up dude, you cant leaves me, I needs you... Please get better soon, I need you...:crying: Wake Up! Now! Please!
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Get well soon Sam, thinking of you, and Jen at this time. I remember you always call me TheSites own ipod in chat. You always cheer me up and you cheer lots of others up, thinking of you, get better soon. We all love you lots
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Oh Sam... please be okay... I love you<3... get better soon..

big hugs Jen, we're all here for you..:heart:
  • Options
    Get well soon, Sam.

Jen, thank you so much for taking the time to share the sad news with us, this must be very hard.

Thinking of you both.
  • Options
    Our thoughts are with your both - all the best for your recovery sam, get well soon *hug**hug*
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Our thoughts are with your both - all the best for your recovery sam, get well soon *hug**hug*

have anyone hard about how Sam and jens getting on please let me know
  • Options
    Get well soon Sam and hugs to both you and Jen...thinking of you both x *hug*
  • Options
    Such awful news. Thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    Get well soon :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Bit of an update... Sam had some internal bleeding and so has had emergency surgery. There were no complications with the op and she's stable, but it will be 48 hours at least before there can be any genuine assessment of her progress.

I know this is really tough - we can only really think about it one day at a time.

Jen has requested prayers for Sam from those who pray. Lots of love to them both and the family.