Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Get rid of loose skin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About 2 years ago, I lost about 50 kg in a 4 month period (Combination of excessive exercise and healthy diet). Obviously, because of that I had quite a bit of loose skin remaining. Since then, through exercise and hard work, it has tightened up a fair bit. But there is still a little bit left, and it won't go away. I have a fairly extensive muscle mass now, but it doesn't show well because of my skin. I'm at a loss for what to do. I don't want to have a huge muscle build to fill it out, but i want a generous tone. If my skin tightened up, I would have a well defined tone. What can I do about this skin without getting surgery or getting ripped? I'm 20, so I don't imagine it should be too difficult...

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The skin is pretty flexible when you're young but it does often take a few years to completely tighten. Muscle mass helps certainly but you need to be keeping your skin in good condition, keeping dehydrated as well as using moisturisers. I've lost 30kg this year so I'm kinda going through the same thing.
  • Options
    Well I'm thinking about adjusting my workout regiment to include heaps more cardio. Keeping dehydrated sounds like the opposite of what I should do, though, haha :P I'm hoping another three months running 2 km's a day will make a difference.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry I meant keep HYDRATED! my bad! In honesty I'm not sure doing cardio overload will help, you need a decent mix or both cardio and a muscle mass build.
  • Options
    Cocoa butter is your friend! Twice a day if possible.
  • Options
    Argan Oil For Skin

argan oil contains many antioxidants that promote good health. One good example of these antioxidants is Vitamin E. It works to make it easier for the skin to bind with water and it also fights free radicals that can potentially harm your system. The skin, in turn, becomes capable of holding more moisture to keep it elastic. The amazing fact is that this oil contains twice or even three times the amount of Vitamin E that olive oil does.