Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alcohol Issue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been having a recurring problem whenever I drink alcohol, regardless of how much i drink I always end up throwing up later that night. Its horrible, I always make sure to line my stomach before drinking and I never get completely shit faced but even when I've only had 1 or 2 drinks I feel like shit after throwing up and the next day is a write off!

For instance, last night I went to the pub with a few friends, I stayed pretty sober as I only had 4 single vodka cokes over the course of the whole evening and 1 jager bomb (this was over the course of about 3-4 hours) and then when I got home I suddenly had to be sick about 2 times. This thing never used to happen and then suddenly the past 5 times I've been out its happened again and again. I'm worried that it might be an allergy to alcohol, or I may have an underlying condition that I am unaware of, like an ulcer.

I know some people are going to say well just don't drink then, but thats not what I am asking about, I'm asking for advice on what my next steps should be in this, are there anyways to work out if I have an underlying condition? etc

Comments

• Options
    Have you ever had a problem with alcohol in the past ?

I used to be an alcoholic, i gave it up completely then after a year or so 'dry' had the very ocassional drinky. A pint of lager or glass of wine is enough to make me puke now.
  • Options
    Hi curly_boy

Have you spoken to your doctor about this? If not, I'd say that's your best next step as they'll have the best idea of what it could be related to and how to test to find out.

I know that might sound scary, but without seeing a health professional you won't know if there's a problem or not.

Do you think you could book an appointment soon?
  • Options
    I've never had a major problem with alcohol before, the usual hangovers and once or twice puking from over consumption but it was never like this.

I can go to the doctor soon, though the doctors where I am aren't particularly great at bookings.

I got a little tipsy the other night on beer, to the same amount I have done with rum before, and I didn't throw up, my stomach definitely felt very upset the next day so I'm thinking that maybe certain drinks are triggers for it depending on strength or something similar

also, sorry for the long time in replying, Been on holiday without internet access