Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Voices are bad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been in hospital for a while now and it has taken me a long time to earn eight hours leave which is what I have today. Unfortunately it is going badly because of the voices - they are really quite loud and demanding today and it is making me stressed. I just want them to stop and go away but they won't. I want my medication to work because it feels like I am stuck in a nightmare.

My voices are really getting to me today. Because I recently had an argument with my mum they keep saying that she hates me and I find it very upsetting. There is also one which keeps saying that it knows everything that has been and everything that will be and that it will kill me. It's making me feel really low and suicidal.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did the ward give you a number you can call, either them or your local crisis team? you could call either one and see if they can give you advice/ help talk you through it. If not, you could try writing it down if you are able to concentrate? I know it doesn't sound like much, but the amount of times I've been through severe depression/ heard voices/ seen things/ been really paranoid and written it down, it has helped, because you can write what you want, nobody has to see it, unless you want them too, it gets it off your chest and might relieve the symptoms for a while. Maybe listen to some music? really loudly if the voices are loud. Also, do you have anything like diazepam or lorazepam to take the edge off for when things are too much? I'm not sure what else to suggest, but try and hang in there.
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Aquila

It's great that you're doing well enough to have leave yesterday, but sorry to hear your voices were bad. That sounds really scary, and it must be frustrating that they've gotten in the way of your leave day.

Voice Collective have a really good website if you've not seen it before - including a set of coping strategies; places to go for help; and Voice Collective Groups.

If you can, it might be really helpful to try and talk to your Mum and see if you can get things feeling a bit better with her. That will hopefully give the voices less to work with, and should make you feel better anyway.

Hope things turned out OK
    Danny