Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What to expect from counselling : Expert Chat - Thurs 4th July, 7-8pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

On Thursday 4th July from 7-8pm we will be joined in the chat room by Allie :)

9158063099_d3a2fa3fba_q.jpg
Hi, my name is Allie and I'm a youth counsellor at Off The Record, a young people’s support service based in Croydon, South London. My career started off working with young people in the charity sector, developing online projects to help young people with challenges they were facing in their lives. More recently, I have been working as a counsellor, supporting young people through tough times. As a counsellor, my role is to create environment where you feel able to talk about the things going on in your life without feeling judged.

What can I ask Allie?

This chat is a chance to ask a trained counsellor about what to expect from counselling. For example...

• Got a referral and worried about the first appointment?
• In counselling and struggling to open up? Not getting on with your counsellor?
• Thinking you'd like some counselling but not sure how to get a referral or what to say to your GP?
• Questions about what happens in a typical session?
• Looking for info about the different types of counselling?

How does it work?
This is a group chat and your questions will be held in a queue for Allie to answer one at a time over the hour. **helen** will be in the chat too to look after everything and help out.

You will be able to log into the chat once it opens from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

The transcript from the chat will be published in our archive but all names will be changed to protect anonymity :)

Any other questions just ask!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have a question/statement thiny, However, I won't be in the chat...
    Jo7 wrote: »
    :wave:

You will be able to log into the chat once it opens from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Any other questions just ask!

These may be stupid questions but

Do we have to sign up for this chat?

Is this instead of normal chat?

:)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Being in therapy/counselling for almost 5 uears myself, I think I have enough knowledge of how the system works including if therapies don't work, when moving support team for example Brook to CAMHS from CAMHS to The Columbia Team and from the CIN team to the 16-19 team. However I do.have some pondering quesions about therapy not working out, etc. But I guess it's about trying and trying until you find the right therapy and the one most beneficial towards you. Their are lodes of therapies put their aimed to Borderline patients.

However just on CuteSmileyFun points, you don't have to sign up for Expert chats I don't think, however as mentioned everything that goes through will be monitored by a moderator before it goes trough. I nust admit ezpert chats have always been beneficial when looking in to issues more and just increasing your general knowledge about them, for example I found the expert self.harm chat useful. And I lovebreading the chat transcripts at the end.
    No need to sign up. Support chat will be on as normal afterwards from 8-10pm :)
    Oh and Emmalee, if you PM me your question we can ask it on your behalf and let you know Allie's response :)
    This is kicking off soon! :thumb:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Open now! :)