Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not sure what is wrong with me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Every so often I will wake up in the middle of the night and I will be really stressed about what happens after death and the meaning of life. I don't know why this happens, afterwards I usually go back to sleep and I don't worry about it, this time I am asking help to find out what is wrong with me. Please if anyone knows what is going on tell me.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Zashmar

It must be worrying when you wake up in the middle of the night with those thoughts, it's a positive step that you're thinking about it now and want to deal with it.

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with you. Most people spend time wondering about death and the meaning of life, some people make a living from spending their lives thinking about those things!

But it does sound like it's worrying you, so it would be good to spend a bit of time working out what's going on for you. You don't say lots about your situation, but I can suggest a few things it might be worth thinking and talking about:
    • Do you have experience of illness or death of someone close to you that might make you worry about these things more?
    • Do you worry about where your life is going, and whether you are doing the things that are most important to you?
    • Might you just be going through a stage of working these things out for yourself, which can be quite unsettling, but is something that most of us do?
    There are a lot of things you could read that examine life and death - science, religion and philosophy all have their own ways of dealing with these things. Wikipedia Meaning of Life and you get an overview. Starting to look around might help you to understand your own views and feelings a bit better. And if you can chat to people about these things - friends, family, anyone you think might have an interesting point of view, you can learn a lot.

I hope some of that is useful - do keep coming back if you're struggling.

Danny