Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Brain going around in circles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I posted a couple of days ago about a girl who I get on well with meeting up with her ex last night and today. I was texting her yeserday saying that I was sorry for being a pain and she was saying she was sorry she was confused so we didn't really get anywhere.

Last night I diden't sleep too well cos I kept getting images of her getting back with her ex and it made me feel bad even though we are not actually dating.Thats confusing why i felt bad!

I haven't heard from her since she arrived at her ex's place last night and I'm not texting her because I don't want to risk making things awkward. However I keep thinking "is the fact she hasn't texted good news or is it bad news in that shes having such a great time with her ex shes forgotten about me or something.

My brain is just going round in circles yet it shouldn't be I have no right to feel so bad about the prospect of her getting back with her ex. Also I keep thinking that because I feel upset it must mean I do have hopes of being more than friends with her and that also makes me feel bad because in a way I kinda feel like I am betraying my ex!!

Its so tempting just to text her but I know I'd better not. Also all being well we are meeting tomorrow, I really want to go more than anything but I'm really nervous at the same time

What do you thinks going on in my little head and how can I sort this out?

AnnMarie

Comments

• Options
    hey don't worry its perfectly natural 2 feel a little anxious, i would be 2 if sum1 i liked waz meeting their ex
  • Options
    well personally i think you should just tell this person how you feel and hope for the best
    good luck m8!:)
  • Options
    Hi Anne,
    I understand exactly how that feels. I cant see that a little text message to say "Hello hows it going" is rude, or offesive. If this girl respects you, and your feelings she will write back. It may be a little awkward for her, so some understand on your part is needed, but it sounds like you are showing that anyway. If i was you i would send the text, and if she reply's then great, she is dealing with her past while concerning herself with the future. If she doesnt, dont jump to conclusions until you have spoken to her, dispite what your little devil inside might be trying to say to you. In short however you should go out with some friends, or go and do something you really enjoy to take your mind off it until its over, this is very important to keep your perspective on the situation,
    hope things work out for you :)