Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wearing high heels

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, it's my boyfriends prom tonight which I'm going to (EEEKKK! Excited) Anyway, I've got 6 inch heels and I'm worried they are going to kill my feet.

I've never worn heels that high before, I've managed to keep them on for an hour in my house but prom is 3 and a half hours! Does anyone have any tips on how to make them more comfortable to wear for that long?? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Put a pretty pair of flip flops/flats in your bag. I believe having the comfort net of an alternative can help a lot.

You can get gel pads and stuff if they rub, but whether they are any use depends on the shoes.
  • Options
    Take pumps.

That's pretty much it.
  • Options
    I find comfortable insoles really important, if you can get some good cushions for the balls of your feet that will help (gel are ok, but actually the fabric ones are more comfy because you don't sweat onto them, in my experience).
  • Options
    Wearing good, thick socks helps too. But I suspect that's not the look you're going for.
  • Options
    Take plasters :) if parts start rubbing its so much better to shove a plaster on rather than wait for blisters etc
  • Options
    Thanks guys! :) My dress is floor length so if I do take socks no one will see them which is okay! Only problem with taking pumps/flip flops is my dress will drag on the floor if I change into them, because I'm a midget and my dress has been tailored to the height I am with the heels on. Where can I get the cushiony pads from? I know primark does them but we don't have one in my town!

Also, I'm going into town to buy a shrug today, any ideas where to get a nice one? :)
  • Options
    Superdrug do patches.
  • Options
    Got some plasters, tights and shoe cushions from wilkos. Thinking of just putting plasters on where I normally get blisters so I'll have extra cushioning there, or do you think that'll cause more friction and make it worse??
  • Options
    Probably a smart move
  • Options
    MY FEEEEEEEEETTTTTT :crying: Thim k thy mgiht actuall y fall off :(
  • Options
    Ouch, blisters?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    Can I ask u a question? how do i make a new post?!!!
  • Options
    just sit down when you can't take the pain any longer
  • Options
    Ignore the spelling mistakes in my last post! Bit drunk. I don't have blisters my toes just hurt :(
    It was probably the Harlem Shake and Gangnam style that did it haha :razz:
  • Options
    Ignore the spelling mistakes in my last post! Bit drunk. I don't have blisters my toes just hurt :(
    It was probably the Harlem Shake and Gangnam style that did it haha :razz:

So you had a good time? :D
  • Options
    Shockingly, yes I did! Expected it to be awful, but I saw a lot of old friends which was nice... and a mate of mine snuk in a bottle of vodka which was a bonus ;) I did 9 shots and I currently have the worst headache eveerrrr. Slight argument with the boyfriend, but then he doesn't want to be with me anyway so I don't care! Will upload a photo of me and the boy to the photo thread in a sec (pre drinking obviously!)
  • Options
    Shockingly, yes I did! Expected it to be awful, but I saw a lot of old friends which was nice... and a mate of mine snuk in a bottle of vodka which was a bonus ;) I did 9 shots and I currently have the worst headache eveerrrr. Slight argument with the boyfriend, but then he doesn't want to be with me anyway so I don't care! Will upload a photo of me and the boy to the photo thread in a sec (pre drinking obviously!)

For my school prom, I was wearing a long and slightly puffy dress, so I sellotaped two bottles to my legs and walked in with nobody noticing them :)

Glad you had a good time x
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    For my school prom, I was wearing a long and slightly puffy dress, so I sellotaped two bottles to my legs and walked in with nobody noticing them :)

Glad you had a good time x

Haha yea my friend had a puffy dress and had vodka under it. The security guards kept following us every where, I didn't think I was *that* drunk, but I feel so rough today I must have been!
  • Options
    Wearing heels is a skill and women ought to have awards for perception to walk in them (let alone run!). When a woman is walking in heels, she is mainly walking on the balls of her feet. The ball of the foot will experience intense weight and this weight more than doubles with every inch in height of shoe heel. Ankle hurt are always a risk and the degree of injuries can make well again from sprains to fractures.

women fashion