Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Alternative after-sun

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't entirly sure where to plonk this..

Basically, Sun-cream irratates my skin and always brings me out in a rash, no matter what brand/strength everything makes me skin really sore and itchy, I don't normally get sunburn so this hasn't been a problem before. but today, & wednesday i spent all day in the sun, and now I'm so red that i can't bend my head bakwards, and even when i was walking home, the wind was making me in so much pain, I can't keep a jumper or cardigan onin this weather otherwise I almost pass out..and also! After-sun also irratates my skin...

Any alternative things to help with sunburn?.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whatever unscented moisturisers you usually use should do the trick, or E45 or aqueous cream
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Aloe Vera - just plain maybe?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yoghurt is said to help with sunburns.
    Natural yoghurt, I swear by it. I tell everyone to use it, it really does work. Put it generously on your burns, leave it to dry into the skin completely, rinse off excess, and repeat. Do it how ever many times you feel you need to. Soothes the burn, reduces the redness, gets moisture and nutrients back into the skin and stops peeling!
    Sounds crazy, but try teabags. Chuck a loads in a warm (but not hot) bath, or wet them and put them straight on your skin.

Also, have you tried SunSense sun cream? You might have to get it from a chemist and it isn't cheap, but it's really gentle on skin. Probs don't need to tell you this, but repeated sunburn is really bad news.
    Thanks for the suggestions (: