Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Online dating alarm bells

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there anything in particular that people have said to you that's got alam bells ringing for you? I notice that I often don't notice how clingy someone is until its too late, but as soon as someone says social anxiety, after past experience I want to run!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I once replied to an ad on a website. On her ad she said that she lived in Skipton. But when I asked where abouts in Skipton she was from, she told me she lived in York (roughly 30miles away)!

She was from France. Quite a nice lass but she has a 10yr old daughter who she was trying to bring over here to live. Didn't speak any English.

Anyway, after 2 weeks, I decided that a LDR wasn't right for me and I ended it right there.

Haven't contacted her since.
    FishyFrags wrote: »
    I once replied to an ad on a website. On her ad she said that she lived in Skipton. But when I asked where abouts in Skipton she was from, she told me she lived in York (roughly 30miles away)!

She was from France. Quite a nice lass but she has a 10yr old daughter who she was trying to bring over here to live. Didn't speak any English.

Anyway, after 2 weeks, I decided that a LDR wasn't right for me and I ended it right there.

Haven't contacted her since.

30 miles is hardly long distance.
    I wasn't going to travel that distance by car all the time. I would rather date someone close, (not that this will happen because I've been on 2 dating sites for at least 9 years and I haven't found anyone.)
    FishyFrags wrote: »
    I wasn't going to travel that distance by car all the time. I would rather date someone close, (not that this will happen because I've been on 2 dating sites for at least 9 years and I haven't found anyone.)

Possibly because you think 30 miles is too far.
    30 miles is nothing. My ex lived 30 miles away, we were together a year and a half. I'm 16 and can not drive, so got the train every time I went to see him and it was fine. 20 mins on the train, 30 minute walk to his house. Driving would make it even easier! half hour at most.
    I'm not going to post anything about this because its already been covered in one of my posts.
    I'm with the fish on that one. I wouldn't be looking 30 miles out, either, especially with the price of travel. I work 20 miles from home and that is tough enough, and they pay me to go. I definitely wouldn't travel farther for a person that I may or may not even like that much.
    Oops. I lied. Its just about 45 miles from my house to York.

Thank you my name!!!:)
    there's a lot of "alarm bells" that i run from when i spot it. If the woman has a ring on her finger. If she looks crazy. If she gives you the crazy stare. You should stay away from all of these things for your own good! Christian mingle has a lot of these women that you should stay away from. You can get other people who sees the same here at http://www.freedatinghelper.com/reviews/christian-mingle/ if curious.
    MrMillion wrote: »
    If she looks crazy. If she gives you the crazy stare. You should stay away from all of these things for your own good!

What ie that supposed to mean? Doesn't make any sense, what is "the crazy stare"?
    piccolo wrote: »
    what is "the crazy stare"?

You know when you're in bed with Madam F and you eat the last chocolate, biscuit, sausage roll ? THAT'S the cray stare !
    I'm just trying to work out who has a more warped view to dating, FishyFrags or MrMillion.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    You know when you're in bed with Madam F and you eat the last chocolate, biscuit, sausage roll ? THAT'S the cray stare !

She gets that for eating in bed.
    When you get a message like this....

U ok

Fancy a chat

Im Chris by the way

U there y view me if u don't wanna chat lol

U ok

How's you day going today sorry I was rude just fed up no one talks

:rolleyes:
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    She gets that for eating in bed.

Not always :naughty:
    Ewwww

:D
    She gets it for reading too loudly in bed though ;-)
    reading = farting ? :)
    I'm just trying to work out who has a more warped view to dating, FishyFrags or MrMillion.

?????
    She gets it for reading too loudly in bed though ;-)

it's a crime of the highest order!!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    piccolo wrote: »
    what is "the crazy stare"?
    Swarley_-_chloe_crazy_eyes.png
    When somebody's eyes do that, run.
    11pv.jpg
    Haha! That guy looks very much like someone I went on a date with recently. Shame he also had a thick Gloucestershire accent and had been working at tesco for the past 10 years as a shelf stacker. :/ and drank too much.
    30 miles is hardly long distance.

I travelled 180 miles to meet my soul mate who I first encountered on TheSite 4 years ago - and I go up to see her for a few days every couple of weeks :D

In the past I've tried online dating and the one thing that always put me off would be the people with pictures but where their face was blurred or intentionally covered. OK I understand some people have insecurities but honesty is a massive thing for me. Profile picture like that give off the impression of having something to hide and makes me wonder what else they're hiding.

Other things to get the alarm bells ringing were adults using chavvy 'txt spk' in their profiles and women saying they'd only ever met 'dicks/losers/weirdos/insert insult of choice'. Makes me think maybe she's the problem...