Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Reducding scarring

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
By the looks of things, I may end up with a nice big scar on my elbow and a small scar on my hand. Is there anyway to reduce the scars please?

Comments

• Options
    Rub moisturiser into them at least 3 x a day starting from as soon as wound has healed over.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Coco butter is quite good. I have found it help a lot. But different things work for different people. I guess it just depends. Good luck :)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Bio oil is quite good for scars

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    If you go to your local pharmacy, they can often recommend things that are more beneficial to reducing scaring, I'm trying to think what they gave me now! - But yes, bio oil is quite good, as well as rubbing in coco butter in them 2/3x's a day!

Best wishes
    Angel
  • Options
    Hi Melian

Just to let you know about our article on scars and treatments in case it's helpful. You don't say if your scars are down to self-harm or not, but even though this article is in our SH section it has some useful info for all scars.

Spanner :)
  • Options
    Thank you :)

They're down to falling over last weekend.