Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moing forward after someone hurts you. Residual anger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Callie and I worked at a fast food joint 4 years ago. She was pretty, popular, and cool as hell, except she wanted nothing to do with me. I tried to talk to her and she kept snubbing me every time. It tore me apart to watch her hit it off with everyone else while keeping me at a distance. I couldn't handle it, so I went to the general manager. Unfortunately, they are related to each other, so management did nothing. Not that I wasn't in some way wrong. I know I shouldn't have tried to practically beg her to like me, even went so far as to pay her. She didn't accept the money. I quit after a year. Christmas came and she didn't accept my present. Nor did she accept my friend request on facebook.

Fast forward to last year. I ran into her at the mall. She was with her BFF who also worked at that fast food joint. I said hi and she ignored me. That was the last time I ever saw her. Unfortunately, I'm dealing with the residual anger. Everything pisses me off. Most of the time, I'm outgoing and friendly, but all the sudden, someone could look at me wrong and I'd tear their head off. I've got wrote up for my anger issues at my current job where no one is hurting me so far. The slightest thing could set me off and I'd bitch about it.

How do I truly move on and not have anger issues over Callie? Because Jayden had hurt me the very same way b4 I ever met Callie. That was at school, which I ended up dropping out of. Jayden then walked into Wal-Mart where I was working at that time and laughed at me to her friend. My residual anger over Jayden cost me that job. I cursed out a coworker who made a harmless comment. I don't want the same thing to happen again.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like you really do need help for these anger and paranoia issues as I highly doubt these people are snubbing you on purpose... Or maybe they are because you seem to have a very clingy attitude. Have you ever been offered to see a professional for help or ever thought about it?