Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relationship with my mum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i get on really well and dead close with my mum. i been getting really bad emotions comming back from her. She helps me when iam feeling down and low. iam not coping when iam in the shared house. i rother be with my mum more then here. everytime iam at the shared house i feel really want to die beause i dont want to be here. everytime i come back from my mums i sit in my room in a cornor crying my eyes out. i told my mum and dad that i feel like i been pushed away, and not wanted in the famliey, emotions, i keep blaming my-self for the famliey been split up, and other mixed feelings too. they got really upset when i told them. i cont deal with this no-more. i ask weather i can go and live with them . they havnt got the room for me. and they stuck in the middle beause they dont know what to do beause i feel so low and down living here. i dont know what to do :(. its all my falut that we are not together. i dont know what to say anymore. i keep thinking y am i not with my famliey.

please help me

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Heather.

So sorry to hear how things are with you. Is there an option to spend some more time with your mum?

Do you have any support in place? Online or offline?

What about speaking to the people you share the house with, they may be able to try and offer you some support.

This isn't your fault, your not to blame for how you are feeling, you just may need some more support.

I do relate I went through a stage of not feeling like I belonged in my family, but it gets easier. I still isolate myself a lot of the time, but I know my family care even if they don't show it most of the time.

Sending hugs your way :)

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Heather,
    This is a tough one as it sounds like there's some confusion between the practical issues - the fact you can't live with your mum because she doesn't have space in the house and how this makes you feel - you say you keep thinking about why you're not with your family.

You've made it clear to us you love your mum, enjoy spending time with her and are 'dead close' with her - this is really positive and not something everyone can say they have, even if they do actually live with their mum. Try to hold onto this as a positive and remember that most people leave home at some point - and having that relationship with her either inside or outside the home is a really beneficial part of your life.

Secondly, living in cramped conditions can be really tough - especially if people are experiencing stress, so the practical side - living apart, isn't necessarily someone's fault - it could be that it's genuinely best for the family relationships for you to be somewhere with more space.

Knowing this though doesn't really make it easier for you to settle in a house where you feel unhappy though - I can see it's been really difficult for you to get settled. I wonder if you can do things in the house to make it feel more homely, even if you don't spend a lot of time with the people you live with - what is your bedroom like, have you made it nice and cozy? :)
  • Options
    Heather, I have just done a quick google search, and this website seems quite good. It's got a few tips on how to live happily in shared accomidation.

It may apply to you, I am not sure. But it could be worth having a look.

http://www.cabincrew.com/lifestyle/tips-for-happy-house-sharing/1115

:)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Thanks for ur reply helen and banna monkey.

Iam still banging my head agest a brick wall and blameing myself for it I cont cope no more having flash back :(. Cont do this no-more really cont. Thanks for the hugs hugs back
  • Options
    It's okay. Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault.

Sorry to hear about the flashbacks, have found a link that could be beneficial for you, it's here

Your not alone it this. Big hugs x
  • Options
    Thanks for ur reply hugs

Bannamonkey I going to try and pm u just to see weather my pms comming threw. Hopes that ok ;)
  • Options
    Yeah thats fine.
  • Options
    I haven't received any pm yet. Not sure if you have sent it.