Home Travel & Free Time
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Share your podcasts!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got really into podcasts lately and I thought I'd share some of my favourites in the hope of getting some recommendations from you lot!

(Fair warning - I spend over 12 hours a week on public transport so I have a long list!)

BBC
Friday Night Comedy for giggles.

Comedy of the Week - a bit patchy but usually good.

Drama of the Week

More or Less - BBC statistics-busting programme (10-minute and 30-minute programmes depending on time of year - also an archive of old programmes).

Woman's Hour - it's not just for women ;)

Others

Radiolab - this is probably my favourite; an American public radio series on science and experience, really well crafted and entertaining.

Stuff You Missed in History Class - history, obviously! I found this via recommendation, but now I'm looking at howstuffworks.com there's some other amazing-looking podcasts on there, too! I'm really tempted by Stuff to Blow Your Mind.

Craftlit - literary podcast for crafters. She does one book at a time over about 6 months each (all classics). I dip in-and-out depending on how interested I am in the book, I skipped Jane Eyre but I just heard the first episode of Bleak House and it's awesome.