Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Share your podcasts!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've got really into podcasts lately and I thought I'd share some of my favourites in the hope of getting some recommendations from you lot!

(Fair warning - I spend over 12 hours a week on public transport so I have a long list!)

BBC
Friday Night Comedy for giggles.

Comedy of the Week - a bit patchy but usually good.

Drama of the Week

More or Less - BBC statistics-busting programme (10-minute and 30-minute programmes depending on time of year - also an archive of old programmes).

Woman's Hour - it's not just for women ;)

Others

Radiolab - this is probably my favourite; an American public radio series on science and experience, really well crafted and entertaining.

Stuff You Missed in History Class - history, obviously! I found this via recommendation, but now I'm looking at howstuffworks.com there's some other amazing-looking podcasts on there, too! I'm really tempted by Stuff to Blow Your Mind.

Craftlit - literary podcast for crafters. She does one book at a time over about 6 months each (all classics). I dip in-and-out depending on how interested I am in the book, I skipped Jane Eyre but I just heard the first episode of Bleak House and it's awesome.
Post edited by JustV on