Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Who is watching question time tonight?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you do not know already, there is a politics/debate TV show on BBC 1 on Thrusdays 10:35-11:35. I find it interesting, as it is intended for a wider audience of the general public, rather than a lot of politics shows which tend to go over my head!

This week is a special week - they always have a studio audience that asks questions and this week the audience is all 16 and 17 year olds. So they will be discussing youth issues this week. You never know exactly what they will be discussing, but the issues are usually interesting and should be particularly interesting this week to young adults.

So does anyone else fancy going to bed a wee bit late tonight, and discussing the show and the issues on this thread?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey :wave:

Did anyone end u watching this? ilikeeggs - were there any interesting issues raised that you'd like to share?

I really like the idea of this thread - it's similar to a lot of what happens on twitter when shows are on.

We have been pondering an idea around a Watch-along thread for a different TV show so I wonder what people think generally of doing that here on the boards?

:chin:
    I was quite bemused by the guy who said that we would find aliens should Scotland get independence. Interestingly it somewhat diffused a bit of tension within the audience and panel I thought. Though I'm slightly annoyed that Nigel Farage has made 13/14 appearances on the show since 2009.
    This week they talked about PRISM, Scottish independance, votes at 16 and Syria.

The comment about aliens was definitely my favourite bit!
    Been meaning catch up but today ran away from me. Sometimes Question Time is very good but it can get a bit hysterical!
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I was quite bemused by the guy who said that we would find aliens should Scotland get independence. Interestingly it somewhat diffused a bit of tension within the audience and panel I thought. Though I'm slightly annoyed that Nigel Farage has made 13/14 appearances on the show since 2009.

The funniest guy was the one in the front row who claimed that scots are treated like 2nd class citizens by the english.

Comes to something when George Galloway puts you in your place and tells you you're a fool