Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fallen in love with the idea....but the person?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have posted before (some of you may remember) about this one particular guy who has been an absolutely amazing friend and I was unsure on whether it was more...well...I've been thinking...a lot! So basically this is the story;

Not long after I posted about the fact I definitely liked him and more than just a friend, he started being all weird and distant. I hadn't said or done anything differently so I don't know how coincidental the two things are? So, I guess I quickly got over the idea that nothing would happen....only recently we are on really good terms again, only it just seems to be as friends.

Do I really, really like him? I don't know! (Honest answer!) I have this weird ideology that he really would make the perfect husband...I know perfect doesn't exist but perfect for an imperfect world type thing. And I could really imagine myself settled down with him in the very long term (I'm talking 10-15 years!) and having a family with him. We would both be successful career wise but my career would fit around having children....ok, so for someone who insisted she would never have kids, I am getting slightly broodier, the older I get!

On reflection and even typing this I know I sound like some deluded teenager with some perfect fairytale lifestyle all planned...I know life doesn't work like that and I know this is never really likely to happen...but I think I've kind of fallen in love with the idea...and I would love a relationship with this one individual; however, I don't think it is reciprocated.

I don't know if I'm really asking for advice or just having a bit of a ramble...I guess I just feel like it's not normal to feel like this!? People have hinted that a lot of successful relationships have started as close friendships but I don't know...I'm just a little confused!

Comments

• Options
    Remember my guy?

I'm currently sat on his Sofa after he left for work. It can work really well.
  • Options
    My one major concern is asking him, him saying no and our friendship being ruined. Its the only thing stopping me...especially as i work closely with him. And by that I mean I work so closely I even sit next to him lol! I wouldn't want to make things awkward...would be so much easier if he just asked me! But i dont know if he is even interested!!