Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Advice needed - partners issues with my past relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

Im posting after a big argument with my partner and need some advice.

Basically for a while now he has been asking on and off about the number of past sexual partners I've had. Up till now I have avoided answering partly in case he thought it was a lot and partly because it isnt really relevant now as Ive been with him for a long time now and since we got together it has only been him.

Anyway tonight he asked again and wouldnt let it go. He said he didnt mind what the number was but he did mind me not telling him. Ive had a few bad experiences in the past sharing 'my number' and was hoping to avoid it again.

After a while he persuaded me to tell and then just went really quiet. I could tell it was bothering him and asked him what he was thinking. He said it was way more than he was expecting and he wasnt sure what to think. I told him he had pushed me to tell and I hadnt wanted to and that he had said the number didnt matter and all he said was well I wasnt expecting it to be that many.

He has then gone off to bed saying he didnt want to talk about it any more.

I really dont know what to do now, should I have lied? Refused to answer? What do I say tomorrow?

Ive spoken to my sister and a couple of mates tonight but wanted some other opinions.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    IMO you've done nothing wrong. A) He's the one who pushed for an answer, and b) the amount of people you were with before has absolutely nothing to do with him whatsoever, you can't change your past so what else are you supposed to do?

Give him a couple of days to cool off and try and speak to him to find out what's gong on
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Seconded. It's like getting upset over how many times you've moved house.