Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

do i or dont i?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, i know i keep posting all the time but i need some advice.

me and my best friend Ashley we fell out coz i couldnt go on holiday with him and a few others i let him down i know, but now we dont talk but since my nans death i need him with me do i talk to him or dont i? if i do what do i say?

thanks for reading

xxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heyy,

Sorry to hear about ur nan. Sends hugs to u *hug*. Have a chat to him and tell him how ur feel.
    I'm sorry to hear about your nan passing away too, MrsMcelderry. This must be a very tough time for you so it's no surprise that you think the support of old friends who understand you would be helpful at this time.

Getting back in touch with friends after a bust-up takes courage, and you may need to be patient too. But if he's a real friend he'll listen to what you've got to say and be there for you at this difficult time. The only thing you can do is be honest about how you're feeling, explain that you're missing him and that his friendship is important to you.

There may be some good tips in this article about being a good mate and this one on surviving rows.

Good luck - let us know how it goes :)
    hi, i know i keep posting all the time but i need some advice.

me and my best friend Ashley we fell out coz i couldnt go on holiday with him and a few others i let him down i know, but now we dont talk but since my nans death i need him with me do i talk to him or dont i? if i do what do i say?

thanks for reading

xxxx

Why is a dude named Ashley?

Anyway, I'd suggest you talk to him, because it would be a nice thing to do to get back in touch with someone to show him you are sorry and that you want the friendship to continue. Just tell him why you couldn't go on holiday with him, I am sure he will understand. The disappointment for not joining him for holidays is understandable, but you can't stay mad at someone for something like this forever. Just start casually with hello and a conversation will probably unfold. Suggest to meet up in the next couple of days and tell him you missed him and that you need help with a situation you are in.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Why is a dude named Ashley?

In the UK there are probably more male Ashleys than female ones