Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What was the last bargain you got?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I love getting bargains! I think most people do? What was the last bargain you got, that you feel happy about? It could be anything, clothes, food, a phone.

Personally, this week I got 6 packets of crisps for 50p :)

Comments

• Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    For me it's finding really cheap books I've been hunting for. So, a biography of J.D.Saligner for £10.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I LOVE jd salinger's books! Catcher in the rye used to be one of my favourites!
    Theres a charity shop near me which sells 10p second hand books, which is great!
  • Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    I spend days on book hunts. The book I'm reading is 'Dream Catcher' by his daughter, very interesting. Btw, you seem to be relatively new, so welcome to the boards from a fellow bookworm.
    You guys seen the new book club group yet?

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/group.php?groupid=2

:thumb:
    Is next wednesday the 2nd wednesday of the month? What book are you doing for then, I couldnt see in the group?
    I bought a textbook for my dissertation for £3.25, RRP is £34.99. Thank you second hand books on Amazon - really good condition too!
    A pasta maker for £8 from a charity shop and Ben and jerry's core sundaes on offer at sainsburys. Shame I have to eat it all before Tuesday because the kitchen is being done :p
    I like getting deals on my Kindle :) It makes me happy to find a book I want to read at a really good price
    ilikeeggs wrote: »
    Is next wednesday the 2nd wednesday of the month? What book are you doing for then, I couldnt see in the group?

Hey sorry I missed this. The [URL="hhttp://vbulletin.thesite.org/group.php?groupid=2"]group[/URL] on the boards is still quite new, before then we were running Book Club out of the Travel and Free time bit of the forum (this thread and others). This month's book was Maus, a graphic novel. It's a really quick read if you want to catch up or you can drop in anyway and see what it's all about. We'll avoid spoilers if we know there are people in who need us to.

June's book is Timoleon Vieta Come Home, which we'll open up a discussion about in the group on July 1st, and then have a live chat session on the second Wednesday of July. July's book will be a science-fiction title, nominations will open in the group on Wednesday.

Post in the group about anything book-y, we love all book chat!!
    I got $15 worth of nail polish for $3.50. I also got a $5 off your next purchase coupon on the receipt, so I bought 2 more cheaper ones.

In the end, I got 4 nail polishes ($21 worth) for $4.50

I love nail polish.
    Ellie :) wrote: »
    I like getting deals on my Kindle :) It makes me happy to find a book I want to read at a really good price

Some of the free books are really good too.

My last bargain was probably my phone - HTC W8S for £15.50 on T-mobile, which I can upgrade after 6 months. Can't find that deal anywhere else and they all start at £21+ on other networks.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    This £12.99 Top from Tesco, which I wanted to buy last time for £7!
    a dress from primark that I was buying that was meant to be £14 but scanned at £7 :) I love it when stuff like that happens!
    I work in a semi-rural area, so when the co-op shuts on a Sunday they do so early and normally have to chuck out a load of stock. Armful of sandwiches for 10p a pop :D
    Just noticed I posted something in the wrong thread!
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    2 chicken escalopes and a red pepper from Sainsbury's about-to-go-out-of-date shelf.

Just a shame they'd stickered over a hole on the red pepper and half the inside was mouldy...
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    plugitin wrote: »
    2 chicken escalopes and a red pepper from Sainsbury's about-to-go-out-of-date shelf.

Just a shame they'd stickered over a hole on the red pepper and half the inside was mouldy...

Sue? The Red pepper is vital, omg.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Sue? The Red pepper is vital, omg.

I know. I was a little upset. I just chopped the nasty bit off and ate the rest. Still alive so not so bad.
    The other day I bought a sixpack of Heineken for 92c because I accidentally scanned at the self service checkout a single can rather than the box, and weirdly the machine didn't start complaining about 'an unexpected item in the bagging area.'