Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you call yourself?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I run a company called Succeed on Purpose. We teach people to find their purpose, and then either start a business on it, or transform their career to do meaningful work.

We are starting a youth program (16-24), and our focus groups said they didn't like being called "youth". So, if you are 16-24, what would you identify with?

Comments

• Options
    It's polite to speak to the mods before posting for research purposes, just so you're aware in future.

Anyway, in answer to your question "youth" makes it seem like you are talking down to them. "Young adults" would be better.
  • Options
    Yea i dont like 'youth' either, young people or young adults is good
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, and the suggestion. Any other names than "Young Adult"? That seems boring.
  • Options
    What about???

The Cloud Generation

Generation Now
  • Options
    No. They just sound stupid. Call them young adults. It just sounds like you're trying to be "down with the kids" and believe me, we all hate that.
  • Options
    :yes:

As someone who is no longer a kid (and was never down with them anyway) I was always very happy with young people. Young adults sounds a little older to me, but perhaps that's because my church calls anyone up to 35 a young adult(!)
  • Options
    Young adults is normally 16-25ish!
  • Options
    Yeah, I know! I blame the fact they're American ;)
  • Options
    The Cloud Generation

Generation Now

:lol:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Gonna keep this open as it's interesting, but have banned the OP - spamtastic. And a bit silly. :)
  • Options
    Helen I looked up the company. Really cheesy American business thing. Photos on the website are very funny :lol:
  • Options
    No. They just sound stupid. Call them young adults. It just sounds like you're trying to be "down with the kids" and believe me, we all hate that.

i actually agree. young adults works
  • Options
    There's a difference between what you call yourself and the name of a group associated with you.
  • Options
    Since reading this yesterday, I haven't been able to get "cloud generation" out of my head.