Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

being a godmother

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave: i have recently been asked to be a godmother i found it hard to accept but i have now but i was wondering if anyone knows what a godmother is suppose to do? i dont wanna let my friend and that little boy down i wanna do everything right, if anyone has any experience of being a godmother can you share your experiences please.

thanks all
MrsMcelderry

Comments

• Options
    The religious part of it is supporting the child and parents emotionally, especially with their faith. The not religious version is broadly similar; you're there to be friends with the parents and a positive role model for the child. It's nothing more scary than that.

And if you want to spoil them, like Sodbaby's Godmother, all the better ;-)
  • Options
    The religious part of it is supporting the child and parents emotionally, especially with their faith. The not religious version is broadly similar; you're there to be friends with the parents and a positive role model for the child. It's nothing more scary than that.

And if you want to spoil them, like Sodbaby's Godmother, all the better ;-)
    oh so im not going to be a good role model then with scars on my arms and legs and OD.
  • Options
    oh so im not going to be a good role model then with scars on my arms and legs and OD.

My Godfather had bipolar, and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I loved him more than almost anyone else in the world. I think a big part of being a godparent is being an adult, who isn't a parent, that the child can trust.