Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

ants!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not sure if anybody can help but more I needed to rant! has anybody suffered with ants in their house, more specifically the kitchen? I started noticing them about a week ago, so I bought some ant powder, and put it down along the doorways etc but there began to be more, so we bought ant traps that are meant to have bait inside that the ants take back to the nest and kills them, but now there's even more so it's obviously not working. worse still today iv got home and they are in the living room, going down the sides of the skirting boards :(

I know ants are a pretty common problem but it's stressing me out so much, I dread going in the kitchen, I feel like all my food is dirty, I'm constantly looking out for them, if I make something to eat I have to clean up that second or the ants will come, my house is spotless is spotless as iv been sweeping and mopping the floors daily but they still come. helppppp

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    also sometimes iv been stamping on them if I see them but that means that dead ants are on the bottom of my shoe so being walked around my house, I feel like I can't get away from them because they're so small they can get through anything, even if I go to my bedroom and shut the door they could come under it, feeling stupidly panicked
    Bait stations are good, so is ant powder and a really deep clean of the kitchen. If you can work out where the nest is that's good, the closer the bait station is the better.
    You need to work out where the nest is and drown it in powder. Otherwise they'll just keep coming back.
    we've already deep cleaned the kitchen, it was the first thing I did. I don't know where the nest is. :(
    we've already deep cleaned the kitchen, it was the first thing I did. I don't know where the nest is. :(

I know it's horrible but you need to follow them. If there are lots of them it should be fairly easy. If you don't destroy the nest then they won't stop. When I had ants at my old place the nest was right outside the front door but they were going all the way to the kitchen at the back of the house.
    The ant traps will get lots of traffic - they take it back to the nest and it kills the queen, eventually.
    my lovely mum came round and made me feel a bit better. iv basically covered the house in ant powder and she brought some spray. I just hope they don't come upstairs.
    Is it just me who is a little surprised this is a thread about real ants?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Nope :D
    Kaff wrote: »
    Is it just me who is a little surprised this is a thread about real ants?

I wish it was about pretend ants :-/
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ants.
    I'm not sure what everybody's on about :)
    Do a thread search for ants started up by Moroccan roll. Miss that guy!!
    In yer pants

:-(