Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

He's going to forget me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My best friend is leaving for a different college in a month and i don't want him to go because if he does, he's going to forget me and leave me behind.
I need him in my life but i'm scared that if i tell him how i feel, he'll leave because no one sticks around for me.
I love him so much and i wont be able to cope when he forgets and i don't want to be alone again

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Charlie,

It's understandable you feel worried about this change if you guys rely on spending time together at college more than anywhere else. A sign of a true friendship is one that you make the effort with when you don't automatically live in each other's pockets.

It sounds like part of your anxiety also relates to past experience though - can you tell us a bit more about that? History doesn't have to repeat itself, but part of making progress is recognising what went wrong before and how things can improve in the future.

Does going to a different college mean leaving the area, too?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My mom left me when i was two, my dad left before i was born. An argument happened between my nan (who i live with) and the rest of the family, so i don't see them anymore.
    I've know my friend for 6 years now and if all those people who are meant to care about me left, i've honestly got no chance