Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

someone help me please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel scared to say this but I feel like singled out.

Beause some of my freinds are guy iam not am stright. I think Iam turning like my freinds I don't know how to get of it. I feel left out iam thinkin do I want be guy so I don't feel left out tbh I really don't want to be guy. I cont tell my freinds how its makin me feel :(

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Do you mean 'Gay' Heather, not 'Guy?' - I don't think sexuality is a choice really, and we live in a society where people have a range of sexualities, and people are different, some people are gay, some people aren't. - How you thought about talking to your friends about how it's making you feel? Often when being in a group where you feel so different, can be very scary, but sometimes, it's just useful to talk! - How would you feel about talking to them, Heather?
  • Options
    I agree with Angel, you should try talking to them and explain that feel uncomfortable about the social situation. They may just be teasing you a bit, I know a lot of my gay friends including myself often flirt with straight guys just for laughs. It doesn't necessarily mean we're trying to convert them more of just a tease because we know they're off limits.

And if you are straight, then be straight, if you think you have homosexual tendencies that's perfectly normal too, its your choice whether or not you give into them. So my advice to you is simply talk to them or politely let them know that this behavior makes you uncomfortable and you don't want to lose friendship over something so small.

I'd like to hear how this turns out for you and as always, good luck.

Nanyhm
  • Options
    I Don't feel I could tell them at all :( I feel like they are going to dislike me even they are them selfs.
  • Options
    Alright, I know talking to your friends about personal issues, especially involving sexuality and things that don't always have them in the best light can be intimidating but if you don't say anything then this will simply continue and you'll feel worse and worse.

If they're really your friends, they'll respect your wishes and even if they're not willing to completely cut the behavior they may reach a compromise or even now that is out there consciously curb it some as to not make you so uncomfortable.

I actually had a friend of mine do this to me in the past, he doesn't have anything against gay people but he himself is straight and when we teased him and playfully flirted it started making him feel uncomfortable. We had no idea it bothered him, we assumed that because he was straight and we knew this he knew we were just simply teasing for good humor. We had no idea how uncomfortable he felt and as soon as it was brought to our attention we stopped, there was no sense in losing a good friend over something as trivial us just playing around.

Your case may very well be just like the mine. It's not a joke if everyone isn't laughing. Just make sure that approach them in a calm lax manner. If you tense up or come off as angry in any way it will cause them to become defensive feeling like your attacking them. If you handle this like an adult and simply express your concerns they're more likely to pick up on the laxness and the severity of the situation.
  • Options
    You can't choose to be gay. If you aren't gay, then you aren't gay. Sexuality isn't something you just wake up and decide one day.
  • Options
    Nobody can make you gay either, Its something that comes from within, I had a boyfriend and I tried as hard as I could to be straight, for him, but no matter how hard I tried, I knew I couldn't make myself straight.
  • Options
    Heather, hi, I just wanted to echo what other people are saying. If you're not gay/bi then that's ok! You're lucky to have a really diverse group of friends who value you for who you are and you shouldn't put pressure on yourself to be any more than you are.

Why do you feel left out? Does your social life revolve around the gay bars they hang out in or something? Can you say a bit more about that?
  • Options
    Hey pic,

Iam in a group that's guy witch I now when I was younger they become guy. Iam the onley one that's not guy in the group. Its just dosnt feel right that am the same. I feel they going to gang up on me or treat me in a sentive way as iam not guy or nothing I don't know what to doooo. Also I don't want to lose my mates as there the ones I go to sometimes as my famliey are dis-owning me
  • Options
    Can you explain how they are you ganging up on you for not being gay?
  • Options
    I feel they going to gang up on me or treat me in a sentive way as iam not guy or nothing

I don't see why that would happen, to be honest, because they're your friends.