Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Headaches and Sleeping Pattern

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep getting headaches but they're not normal ones, they like really hurt, and also my sleeping pattern is going really weird. I can't sleep untill around half 12 each night, and keep waking up between half 5 and 6, with out wanting to - which is leaving me over tired which I really don't need because its mid-exam season.

Any suggestions of getting rid of the headaches because I don't really want to keep taking paracetemol because it can be good for you, and being tired really isn;t good right now.

I don't know if I'm overreacting or anything, but any suggestions? :)

Thanks

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey CuteSmileyFace,

I think getting more sleep in right now would be most beneficial, is your sleeping pattern something you would be willing to bring up with your GP? I tried Kalms last year, you can buy those over the counter really which are beneficial when it comes to sleep, but getting more sleep should reduce your headaches, how is your eating at the moment? I often get headache's when I've had a lack of sleep or food. Do you think you're overeating?

Often when we have a lot of stress on ourselves for example exams, it can be something else that leaves us sleep deprived and gives us headaches, is this an article you might find useful at all, it's called 'Sleeping Easy' If you're not up to taking pain killers for your headache, I can only really suggest visiting your GP about the headache's or try getting more shut eye in!

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thankyou, i'll read through that article and ask my mum about the kalms, and i might be over eating, but its more snacking then i dont eat much at meal times, so it might balance it out?

thankyou for replying :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Snacking is never a good think of your help, a more balanced diet should mean a easier nights sleep, have you tried having a warm glass of milk before you sleep, I've found that beneficial to me. But it sounds like you have a plan to get your diet balanced. The issue with snacking is, it never fills you up, and doesn't fully give your body the energy it needs, and another reason it could lead the headaches. Do you have a meal plan?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What do you mean by meal plan? As in something I've set myself? Because if so the no, and I don't follow anything food wise