Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I'm fucked in the middle of manchester.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've screwed up a bit, i know this is the wrong place, but i need urgent help, and didn't know where else to ask...
As some of you may know, I live in Plymouth, a fair way way from Manchester.

I went up to visit a friend, and they have kind of left me stranded, my ticket home can't be used for another week and i have no money. I have no contacts of anyone who could help me near or far, and i'm just lost at what to do.

I don't even know my way round manchester :/
I have like a couple hours battery on my phone, before that's fucked too.

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Shikari,
    I'm really sorry to hear, this sounds really stressful, what happened with your 'friend'?

If you haven't been to the station to try and bargain with your ticket, then that's definitely worth a try. If you explain your situation, then they may show you some compassion... If they refuse to help you on the ticket front, then they should be able to give you a bit more of an idea of what's in the area in terms of getting some support.

I know it's not an ideal way to get home, but if there's anyone at all you can contact to buy you a megabus ticket (even if it's just to get to a nearer city) then that might be worth a try? It will be really cheap and they can forward you the reservation by text.

Keep us posted.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you have a bank account but maybe no card? You can still get money over the counter.
    You sorted yet Shikari?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If you know anyone anywhere who can get to a station that has a ticket office they can pay for you a ticket home under a SILK (Stranded Individual Location Known) arrangement. Your only other option is to go to Piccadilly and see if they can issue you an Unpaid Fares Notice to get home but they may not be willing to do this.
    Shikari, I'll get you the ticket for Megabus if you still need it. But the bus is at 15.15 today. I need your mobile number before 13.00 though.....
    Hitchhike.
    Heyy Shikari, noticed you haven't been on line for a few hours so not sure if your phones died... but most mcdonalds/cafe neros etc. have plug sockets and free wifi. You could get something cheap and sit in there all day charging your phone.

Hope you manage to sort something out about getting home!
    Wow thanks for the wealth of replies, i'm shocked. A family member has managed to sort things out for me luckily, again thanks i'm surprised at how kind some people can be. Note to self don't run off to manchester.
    There's a nice burrito bar there if nothing else though.

Glad you got it sorted :)
    Now you tell me :P