Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should I tell him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've drunk too much wine and now I want your advice.
I think I'm falling in love with the man I'm seeing at the moment. Should I tell him? I know he's interested in more than sex because we both live with other families so we almost never get to have sex, so we see each other for things like sushi and sitting in parks mostly. I don't know if he's THAT into me. Also he's moving to Sydney in two months and I'm moving to London. Is that a good reason to not get attached or to tell him even if he's all wtf? x

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like you two have a really nice thing going on, and it's a shame you'll be moving so far away from each other.
    Do you feel like telling him you're falling in love with him will make it easier when you move? I think it might cause more heartache, but it's your decision. Either way I think it'll be difficult when you both move away, so just try and enjoy the last couple of months together :)
  • Options
    I'd say the same - get attached but be prepared that it will end in 2 months -and that's likely to be heart breaking. So just don't decide that he's the man of your dreams and you want his babies!!

It's not an easy one, but I'd probably prefer the old cliche of its better to have loved and lost...
  • Options
    Telling him would make things more difficult. It has to end in two months because Australia/Britain just isn't a feasible distance for a relationship. I think I just get over attached really quickly