Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Exams, revision, and where next - Expert Chat: Tuesday 21st May, 7-8pm

*Seany**Seany* Deactivated Posts: 51 Boards Initiate
Exam time is upon us. Aside from the hours of swotting (whilst remembering to eat, sleep, and all the rest of it), there's also the worry about what happens afterwards.

We've asked Catrina Holmes to give us some advice and helpful tips and tricks about how to get through it all, and what options are available after that last exam is all done and dusted,

8740536431_12b4d5ee92_m.jpg
After completing her post-graduate in Careers Guidance at the University of East London, Catrina spent several years working in East London as a Connexions adviser, working in schools and with young people who needed additional support to get into employment, education and training. She now works at vInspired - a charity that helps young people discover the value of volunteering as a Schools Coordinator to support schools who sign up to vInspired’s schools programme.

How will it work?

If you've not been to an expert chat before, they work a bit differently. Your questions and comments will be approved before they appear in the chat room so that Catrina can answer questions one person at a time. We will be there to explain things on the night and approve all your comments.

When the chat is open you'll be able to enter from the normal page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

If you have a question but can't make the chat then you can post it here or PM Jo7 and we'll ask it on your behalf. The transcript from the chat will be published roughly a week after the event and all name will be changed to protect people's anonymity.

Hope to see you there! :D

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is tonight :hyper:
  • Options
    Ha, my exam is tomorrow. So probably should spend my time actually revising rather than getting advice about it.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I have a Psychology exam tomorrow - I should probably do the same YellowSeaHorse, But I'm having a stress breakdown, very casual. Telling myself 'I can't do this' isn't helping, nor is 'I can't do this any-more' I've just always been dreadful with revision though :P
  • Options
    oh my god, thesite I love you :heart: My exams start tomorrow and I'm freaking the flip out!
  • Options
    We aim to please :d See you soon!

And for those meant to be revising - you could come and ask Catrina for some revision tips and share your own different ways of revising - just an idea ;)
  • Options
    We're open :d