Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Super Book & Film Club Awesome Secret Thing...revealed!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello folks!

So Fiend and I have been leaving you tasty little tidbits over the past few weeks to whet your appetites for our shiny collaboration.

And now I can tell you what it is!

On Sunday May 26th at 6pm, we are holding a QUIZ! With prizes and everything.

There will be three rounds, asked by your quizmasters, piccolo, Fiend, and moi (of course), and they could cover any aspect of film, book, or adaptation trivia.

Prizes will include TheSite.org t-shirts as well as a SUPER SECRET PRIZE OF AWESOME. I'm not allowed to tell you what it is but I can tell you now it's amazebeans.

So come quiz with us. It'll be worth it. I promise.

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    And that's enthusiasm...About books o.o
  • Options
    Book are amazeballs
    Films are amazeballs

Adaptations are a bit hit and miss frankly, but often amazeballs.

Be at the quiz, answer the questions, be the rightest in each round, win a t-shirt
    (super-secret amazing overall prize to be revealed)
  • Options
    **Angel** wrote: »
    And that's enthusiasm...About books o.o

Well. What did you expect from the founder of TheSite.org Book Club ;)?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I doubt I know (m)any of the books and films it will cover but I'll probably be there. It's been a while since I've been to a quiz.
  • Options
    We love attendance, it's not whether you win, it's how you play the game :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I hope you'll be ok with me giving silly answers for the heck of it. :p Like "What did Bilbo find in the dragon's lair?" "A caviar and salami sandwich."
  • Options
    I doubt I know (m)any of the books and films it will cover but I'll probably be there. It's been a while since I've been to a quiz.

It's not just for people who've been taking part, so the quiz is definitely not restricted to the clubs' chosen books and films :)
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    It's not just for people who've been taking part, so the quiz is definitely not restricted to the clubs' chosen books and films :)

:yes:

In fact I think there are less than half a dozen questions that are previous books/films from clubs.
  • Options
    Well. What did you expect from the founder of TheSite.org Book Club ;)?

Ooh, so are you like the leader of Book chatty thingy ma bobs? - Their this book I wanted to nominate for ages, but have never understood the themes. I was going to send both you and Piccolo and PM, but never got around to it.
  • Options
    People need to stop holding quizzes when I'm not around. I've been here a year and a half and there still hasn't been a quiz I could go to. Hmpf. Although, have a good time everyone!
  • Options
    Ooh, so are you like the leader of Book chatty thingy ma bobs? - Their this book I wanted to nominate for ages, but have never understood the themes. I was going to send both you and Piccolo and PM, but never got around to it.

What's the book?

The themes are to make it easier to nominate (rather than a free for all). We always need new theme ideas though so if you can think of one your book would go into make a suggestion in the sticky picc made :)
  • Options
  • Options

We're having a non fiction month again soon(ish) so that'd be your opportunity :)
  • Options
    Ooooh. Quiz.

This excites me. If I'm not on a ferry then I will definitely be there. If I'm on a ferry then it might be a tad of a challenge for the wifi.
  • Options
    Ah don't think I can make it :( keep missing the quizzes recently
  • Options
    As a little reminder, there's only one day left to nominate June's book! Click here to nominate your animal story!