Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Configuring internet and MMS - APN settings.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm trying to configure MMS and internet on my (Alcatel) phone.

It's told me to put in the APN and MMSC number things in. But where do I put them in?! I know the numbers because they sent them to me in the post, but I don't know what any of them mean! Please help me!

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Your network should be able to send you a text that auto infills the data in your settings, try giving them a call.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Normally in the network settings, or for MMS in the text message settings
  • Options
    As said, if you find the number to send a text message to it'll send you the config to setup APN etc automatically. I'm with giffgaff and I send "settings" to 2020. But manually, if it's a android phone you go to: Settings > More settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
  • Options
    Called my network and they were useless and told me to call Alcatel, which I don't think I actually need to do. I fiddled around for hourrrrrs and managed to get MMS working, but not internet. So I'm halfway there.

Thanks guys :)
  • Options
    So out of the blue they sent me a message that configured all the settings automatically, and now it all works :D