Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Customer complaint against me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I give out samples at Sam's Club. A customer's child dropped her sample and I didn't offer that kid another one. That customer complained about that and said I was unfriendly. My supervisor said it's not my responsibility to hand out another sample that somebody dropped. Then she said however, I'm not supposed to give ppl anything to complain about. I shoulda at least been friendly towards the customers. I know it's true that sometimes I look stressed lots of times. Smiling is a job requirement for everyone and I'm the only one who look stressed from time to time on the salesfloor. Yet, that was not one of the times I didn't smile.

And that's another thing. She said it's unacceptable that I always have to look stressed and that she has to remind me. So what exactly counts against me? The fact that I didn't offer them another sample? Or the fact that I look stressed from time to time (and not only on the salesfloor?)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is this the same job or a different one that you have had problems with in the past. It doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong and it could be down to a misunderstanding. However, without meaning to sound mean or spiteful, it is possible that your work colleagues could be remembering the way you have acted in the past (reference many of your previous posts).
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Is this the same job or a different one that you have had problems with in the past. It doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong and it could be down to a misunderstanding. However, without meaning to sound mean or spiteful, it is possible that your work colleagues could be remembering the way you have acted in the past (reference many of your previous posts).

I haven't done anything wrong in regards to the samples. My supervisor is basically accusing me of looking stressed and no one needs to see that.
    Is this the same supervisor you previously used her computer without permission?
    Is this the same supervisor you previously used her computer without permission?

same job, same supervisor, only I used a team lead's computer, NOT the supervisor's lol
    Then whilst it's possibly uncalled for, their attitude towards you may very well be related to your numerous previous issues you've had.
    Then whilst it's possibly uncalled for, their attitude towards you may very well be related to your numerous previous issues you've had.

I understand that. Although I coulda handed that customer another sample.
    Is sams club like a food place/restaurant? I work in a coffee shop and basically being happy and smiley all the time is key, even when you dont feel like it. The customers experience is the thing that matters so if they drop their food/drink you get them another one, especially free samples, since theyre free!

What do you say when the customer approached you about it? Even if you really really cant do anything to help you have to be as sickly sweet as you can possibly get. Yea you might be stressed but unfortunately, customers dont care about that
    Sam's is the same company as Wal-Mart. We have lots of it here in the US. I didn't say ANYTHING to the customers. They told me she dropped it. I went ok. Then they said it fell over the cart. I also responded ok. A few seconds later, they left.
    Well instead of saying ok you couldve apologised, offered to get it cleaned up, offered a new one. Yeah it was their fault but like i said you need to act like its yours.

If a customers is met with just a 'ok' thats going to come across as rude
    Sorry to sound rude but you sound like you struggle to understand customer service and basic work etiquette from your previous posts. Perhaps you'd be better suited to a job where you work on your own more when it comes to the future? Do you have aspergers by any chance?
    It's not your job to clean up and get them another one.

It's your job to make the customer glad they came to your store, which in this case means taking an interest in them, and cleaning up, and getting them another one, because that doing these things to improve their day is the thing that makes you happiest in the world.
    Including the sarcasm, what Carriage Return said.