Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i need someone now!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok im desperate.im feeling super depressed and alone. i want to die. i feel like i need to die.im trying really hard not to take any pills or cut myself, but i feel like im losing control.i dont know what to do;i know i dont want to die.but at the same time i do. :confused: i feel like i have no purpose,no need to live.im so depressed. and nobody seems to understand me and the pain im feeling.im trying really hard not to hurt myself,but i can feel myself going over the edge.i dont want to go to the hospital,because i know they'll put me in the psycho ward.and i really don't want that.so what do i do????? please help...

Comments

• Options
    Hospitals don't always put people on 'pyscho wards' I've been to the hospital numerous times due to feeling suicidal, and I've just been on a female ward, with people who are generally just sick not necessary to mental health. and even if they do its not such a bad thing?. They're trained and have studied really hard and been working for a long time to help people who are feeling just like you are today, much more then us lot ever can on here.

What has got you feeling so low?. Has anything happened lately to trigger of these suicidal and self harming thoughts? Maybe it'll help to tell us about them?

Could you contact the national suicide prevention line in america iif you don't want to go to the hospital?. Their telephone number is 1-800-273-8255

Take Care
  • Options
    i told you that i have attempted suicide about 15 times in the past four years.i just feel so worthless.my family is no help either,my mom tells me im wanting attention or acting out when i try to talk to her.for as long as i can remember my dad has always put me down.he constantly tells me what a dumbass i am,and how my little brothers are so much better than i could ever dream of being,and he wishes i was never even born...etc. and it just goes on forever, of how worthlesss i am.so four years ago i tried to kill myself the first time..did'nt work woke up the next day.then i tried a few more times,all failed.so then i started cutting,mabye i could bleed to death,nope.but i liked the pain;it told me i wasnt dead already,then cutting became an addiction;so much so that each time the cuts always gets deeper and longer..i want to stop.and i feel like i need to talk to someone about this,but if i do im afraid my dad will find out,and if he found out he would get 10x worse.he's already made it a personal mission of his that he makes my life a living hell.this would just give him extra ammo.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey linlin, have you heard of Reach Out? It's a USA based website that may help you connect with local organisations for support - http://us.reachout.com/ (It has a specific emphasis on mental health). It's great that you recognise that talking to someone could help you - and Reach Out might be an option that you can keep private from your Mum and Dad. You're really welcome to keep posting here too - you might find that threads in some of the other areas of the website are a good distraction for you. :)