Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Slagged off

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I want to be this happy little guy
    BuddhaDoodle_BeLight_byMollyHahn1.jpg
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Short version. You can't.

Long version. There is nothing you can do to stop him saying whatever he likes about you, so give up worrying about it and live your life.
    At mo just really hate him and just wish I could do summat rather than just suck it up
  • Options
    Short version. You can't.

Long version. There is nothing you can do to stop him saying whatever he likes about you, so give up worrying about it and live your life.
  • Options
    You sound like you have a lot of pent up anger and just want to get revenge. Seriously, as we've all said before the only way to deal with this is to walk away and remove yourself from the situation. It's not about him getting what he deserves, it's about you learning to deal with this and move on. Shit happens, people make mistakes. Now please let it go, stop obsessing over what he's saying and move on. We've given you all the advice we can, now either act on it and start dealing with it or stop going around in circles with these threads.
  • Options
    It only feels like he's "winning" because you're dwelling on it. Honestly, truthfully, you're the only one who gives a shit what he's saying.

As for "being punched in the face", you should have gone to the police about it at the time if you wanted that resolving. It's too late now, so there's no point dwelling on it.

There isn't anything else we can add to this discussion.
  • Options
    Anything you do to respond to him feeds his victory over you. The only way you can beat him is by not letting him affect you at all (even pointing out to him he he isn't affecting you is a win for him)
  • Options
    Anything you do to respond to him feeds his victory over you. The only way you can beat him is by not letting him affect you at all (even pointing out to him he he isn't affecting you is a win for him)

Yep it's all right! I want to go up to him day hi twat but what's the point!
  • Options
    jacobs_gal wrote: »
    I want to go up to him day hi twat but what's the point!

Even if you did say go and something to him it still wouldn't change any of what's happened. And even if it served a purpose short-term and made you feel better briefly, it still won't resolve any long-term self-esteem issues which you quite clearly have.
  • Options
    Even you did say go and something to him it still wouldn't change any of what's happened. And even if it served a purpose short-term and made you feel better briefly, it still won't resolve any long-term self-esteem issues which you quite clearly have.

Well this hasnt helped my issues lol
  • Options
    Well this hasnt helped my issues lol

Well to be honest jacobs_gal you're not helping yourself.
  • Options
    Well to be honest jacobs_gal you're not helping yourself.
    It's just I hate being slagged off only been nice to him
  • Options

So stop having anything to do with him! We've been saying that for months
  • Options
    Jacobs_gal you're not after advice, you're after validation and the reason you're after validation (or so desperately seek it) is more than likely down to you having low self-esteem. People who have a healthy self-esteem and image of themselves don't worry or obsess about being 'slagged off' this much because they have the aquired the tools to deal with it. So, as I said previously I suggest that you go and speak to your GP about receiving some form of therapy or counselling which will then hopefully help you aquire these 'tools' (as this is clearly having an impact on your life); apart from that there is nothing more I can say to you.
  • Options

You're not the only person this has happened to. Thousands of people around the world and I bet every person on this board has been in the situation with a horrible ex.

Mine is still swanning about like he owns the place, new girlfriend, baby on the way, thinks he's all that, probably said some shit about me, and im still single. But i dont care what he says or does because i know he's not worth the crap on my shoe. I'd rather be the way i am without than get caught up in a load of drama. Yea i could go to him and tell him what i want and cause a load of shit, but frankly, ive got better things to do with my time.

Girl_afraid is right, you need to forget him, work on your own self-esteem issues and only then will you be able to realise how pointless this all is
  • Options
    My first love broke up with me suddenly with no real explanation and then wrote a song about me (not a nice one) with my name in the title and everything which was on his band page and facebook for over a year. I didn't do anything to deserve it but it just helped me realise that it wasn't worth stressing over and if anything helped me get over him because the sun no longer shone out of his arse. You need to do the same and stop seeking affirmation.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    My first love broke up with me suddenly with no real explanation and then wrote a song about me (not a nice one) with my name in the title and everything which was on his band page and facebook for over a year.

that's horrible! and reminded me of what my first ever boyfriend (who I thought I was the love of my life) did to me - he broke up with me for another girl and wrote a blog post on his MySpace page detailing how he cheated on me! exact details and everything! I was heartbroken. maybe we should all share our tales of woe to make Jacobs gal feel better although I'm sure it won't help. been around for years, in various forms :)
  • Options
    that's horrible! and reminded me of what my first ever boyfriend (who I thought I was the love of my life) did to me - he broke up with me for another girl and wrote a blog post on his MySpace page detailing how he cheated on me! exact details and everything! I was heartbroken. maybe we should all share our tales of woe to make Jacobs gal feel better although I'm sure it won't help. been around for years, in various forms :)

It was, what hurt even more was that it was their most popular song for ages and was getting loads of praise. And I was just thinking - erm guys, it's clearly about me, have you no tact? I'm fairly sure he left me for the girl he's now with too. Though they didn't make it official for a year after we split but I had my suspicions. But it did me a favour in the end because I was struggling to get over him, because until then he'd been the perfect boyfriend for years and we'd been good friends for years before that. I never confronted him about it because I was determined to be the bigger person and walk away with some dignity. Which is what jacobs gal should do.
  • Options
    Also if it helps, a guy that was trying to convince me he loved me for ages whilst having a girlfriend has just proposed to her and promptly deleted me off fb, even though we haven't spoken for ages. This happened just this weekend. I'm sorry but the other woman is nearly always the one that takes the flack. These guys are hardly going to want to give up their girlfriends if they can avoid it.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Also if it helps, a guy that was trying to convince me he loved me for ages whilst having a girlfriend has just proposed to her and promptly deleted me off fb, even though we haven't spoken for ages. This happened just this weekend. I'm sorry but the other woman is nearly always the one that takes the flack. These guys are hardly going to want to give up their girlfriends if they can avoid it.

It does seem to b the way! But why would u want a guy who steals off , lies cheats on u and hits u I just didn't think he'd b taken bk so soon and to be slagged off to such a degree that people have said why bother if he's got what he wants
  • Options
    He has got what he wants, and his partner has got what she wants. It's not your problem. Everyone has had bad breakups and mistaken hookups, welcome to the club.
  • Options
    He has got what he wants, and his partner has got what she wants. It's not your problem. Everyone has had bad breakups and mistaken hookups, welcome to the club.

That's the thing why carry on Slaggin me off? And it wasn't just one mishap it's been on off for a year and he's been sleeping with his ex gf too
  • Options
    Who cares? And that's not rhetorical. Really, who cares what he does? Right at the top of the list of people who don't care about what he's doing, should be you, immediately followed by everybody else.
  • Options
    Who cares? And that's not rhetorical. Really, who cares what he does? Right at the top of the list of people who don't care about what he's doing, should be you, immediately followed by everybody else.

It's because he's hurt me treated me like shit and got away Scott free
  • Options
    It's because he's hurt me treated me like shit and got away Scott free

What do you expect to happen? It's not like there's karma fairies going around waving their wands to punish every single bad deed. People are cunts and will do hurtful things and sometimes get away with it. That's life.
  • Options
    Shit happens.

The only person who cares is you. There's your problem right there.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    You're not the only person this has happened to. Thousands of people around the world and I bet every person on this board has been in the situation with a horrible ex.

Mine is still swanning about like he owns the place, new girlfriend, baby on the way, thinks he's all that, probably said some shit about me, and im still single. But i dont care what he says or does because i know he's not worth the crap on my shoe. I'd rather be the way i am without than get caught up in a load of drama. Yea i could go to him and tell him what i want and cause a load of shit, but frankly, ive got better things to do with my time.

Girl_afraid is right, you need to forget him, work on your own self-esteem issues and only then will you be able to realise how pointless this all is

You are right just he's said stuff like how I can't find anyone, slagged off way I look despite him in past has said how beautiful I am... When u have low confidence if don't help
  • Options
    You are right just he's said stuff like how I can't find anyone, slagged off way I look despite him in past has said how beautiful I am... When u have low confidence if don't help

Believe me i know, but you know the best way to feel better about yourself? Remove all that bad stuff from your life. Delete his number, delete his/her facebook, dont even think of them again and surround yourself with people who care about you. Focus on the good things, your friends and family, rather than the bad stuff
  • Options
    Believe me i know, but you know the best way to feel better about yourself? Remove all that bad stuff from your life. Delete his number, delete his/her facebook, dont even think of them again and surround yourself with people who care about you. Focus on the good things, your friends and family, rather than the bad stuff

Dne all that :) just feel like I said he's won in this but I know ivr had a lucky escape... He's stolen from her, is an alki, liar and cheats add to fact he don't work
  • Options
    Ok, look at this way... he hasn't won because he hasn't won you.
  • Options
    Ok, look at this way... he hasn't won because he hasn't won you.

Lol well considering he constantly said how beautiful I am yes maybe just I don't think he sees it that way as he can carry on using this woman