Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Slagged off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got involved the past year with a bad egg he's a compulsive liar, steals, chests and generally treat women like %&*$#. Basically people warned me and I didn't listen he said he was single whilst sleeping with his ex and living with this woman. Which resorted in me being punched several times by the woman. She's bk with him despite him sleeping with all 3 of us same wk stealing from her and hitting her

Anyway he's been slagging me off rotten I've been told way i dress, look how bad I am in sex . He's telling this to guys in the pub I go to so how do I deal with this I'm hurt and upset he's been Slaggin me off

Comments

• Options
    Please not this thread again. You've been told to post in the old thread rather than make a new one several times now. Though it is just the same post over and over again. You're going going to get any more sympathy or advice than you already have
  • Options
    Ballerina is a bit brutal perhaps. But she makes at least one good point. We can't help you. Thought tbh even though part of this situation you could have avoided he is being pretty unpleasant about you and its not easy to deal with.
  • Options
    Just as a thought, can you think of anything you can do to help yourself deal with the things he's saying, avoid the situations he's making, or persuading him to stop?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Just as a thought, can you think of anything you can do to help yourself deal with the things he's saying, avoid the situations he's making, or persuading him to stop?

Not sure any ideas?!
  • Options
    Ballerina is a bit brutal perhaps. But she makes at least one good point. We can't help you. Thought tbh even though part of this situation you could have avoided he is being pretty unpleasant about you and its not easy to deal with.

We have gone in circles with this several times now. We've all given advice - which basically equates to walk away and don't get involved. I'm not sure what else the OP is after and quite frankly it's frustrating when she keeps coming back saying the same thing over and over. I don't know what she's expecting us to say.
  • Options
    jacobs_gal wrote: »
    Not sure any ideas?!

Well, personally I might consider making another friendship group if they could be so quickly turned against me.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    We have gone in circles with this several times now. We've all given advice - which basically equates to walk away and don't get involved. I'm not sure what else the OP is after and quite frankly it's frustrating when she keeps coming back saying the same thing over and over. I don't know what she's expecting us to say.

Sometimes I think as a community we're more patient with some users than others. I've been frustrated with Jacobs girl in the past, so I'm not claiming I'm magic, just that I think that this isn't actually about this guy, it isn't about the girl she's with. It's about what's being said about Jacobs girl and how that's affecting her social life.

She slept with someone, but HE is the one that cheated, her only mistake was to trust him when he said he was single.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think as a community we're more patient with some users than others. I've been frustrated with Jacobs girl in the past, so I'm not claiming I'm magic, just that I think that this isn't actually about this guy, it isn't about the girl she's with. It's about what's being said about Jacobs girl and how that's affecting her social life.

She slept with someone, but HE is the one that cheated, her only mistake was to trust him when he said he was single.

Maybe so. But it's frustrating when the same people keep coming back posting the same thing. But then again I'm not a very patient person. I'm sure I won't be the only one frustrated to see this going round in circles.
  • Options

I just want to know how to deal with it I know I've had a lucky escape but feel they've won and I don't deserve to b slagged off
  • Options
    The way ive always been told to deal with these kinds of things is to be the better person, hold your head high and ignore it.

So what what people think of you? And just because he's been saying these things does it mean that anyone actually believes him or is paying attention or even cares. I think youll find that most people who hear rumours dont actually care because thats all they are, rumours. Theyve got their own lives to worry about, I doubt theyre even giving you and him another thought.

And like i said, if they are, rise above all the nasty comments, dont get drawn down to their level because that means he's actually won. You know the truth and thats all that matters.
  • Options
    Oh for fuck's sake.

Which part of "he's a cunt but he's going to slag you off to save face with his girlfriend, so ignore him: everyone else is" did you not understand during any of the last 76,000 posts on this subject?
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    The way ive always been told to deal with these kinds of things is to be the better person, hold your head high and ignore it.

So what what people think of you? And just because he's been saying these things does it mean that anyone actually believes him or is paying attention or even cares. I think youll find that most people who hear rumours dont actually care because thats all they are, rumours. Theyve got their own lives to worry about, I doubt theyre even giving you and him another thought.

And like i said, if they are, rise above all the nasty comments, dont get drawn down to their level because that means he's actually won. You know the truth and thats all that matters.

Yep think its best thing to do! I just feel he's gotten away with it again. And regards arctic rolls comment the whole him slagging me off is to please her
  • Options
    Yep think its best thing to do! I just feel he's gotten away with it again. And regards arctic rolls comment the whole him slagging me off is to please her

which is exactly what arctic said
  • Options
    I think you need to ask yourself what it is that you want to achieve from this thread; or more precisely what it is that you want to achieve from this situation. You have posted the same thread a number of times on these boards now; you've also posted a number of other very similar threads previously about men/situations. Admittedly no one likes hearing negative feedback, however in this life it happens, it's not nice but most people realise that you just have to dust yourself off and get on with it. You can't change any of what's happened but what you can do is learn from it. And here lies the problem because at the moment you're not learning from it; in fact you're obsessing about it (unhealthily so).

No, the issue here isn't this guy, his girlfriend, or even what's happened; it's YOUR reaction to it and YOUR inability to deal with it in a healthy way. I sense that, that comes from low esteem, however until you yourself realise this and look at addressing it then you're just going to keep repeating the same unhealthy patterns and posting the same never-ending threads on these boards.

As such I suggest that you speak to your GP about receiving some form of therapy/counselling, because until you start doing something to help yourself there's not much more anyone here can do or say to help you which hasn't already been done or said before.
  • Options
    which is exactly what arctic said

Just feel like they've won or laughing
  • Options

And still you're not learning......
  • Options
    And still you're not learning......

It's a hard lesson to learn sometimes.

Jacob'sGal, who believes what this guy is saying?
  • Options
    It's a hard lesson to learn sometimes

I appreciate that, which is why in my previous post I had tried to give Jacobs_gal some helpful advice.
  • Options
    Yeah, I wasn't having a go. Just... dunno, being nice or something. Maybe I should stick to being a wanker, I think I'm better at it.
  • Options
    Haha, I wasn't having a go either Fiend_85 (unfortunately things can come across different in text) I was just trying to explain myself.

Although I'm sure you're a very good wanker ;)
  • Options

What are you actually expecting him to say?

"Hi girlfriend, yeah you're a fat old ugly bitch and Jacob's Gal was the best bang I've had in years. Fantastic rack too. Gave a great blowie."

If you're wanting that, you'll be waiting a very very long time. Do you actually think anyone gives a flying fuck what he says?
  • Options
    What are you actually expecting him to say?

"Hi girlfriend, yeah you're a fat old ugly bitch and Jacob's Gal was the best bang I've had in years. Fantastic rack too. Gave a great blowie."

If you're wanting that, you'll be waiting a very very long time. Do you actually think anyone gives a flying fuck what he says?

I know why he's with her as she's easy to use and he knows it! Just I got punched in the face yet he's walked off scot free taking the piss
  • Options
    That's his choice and quite frankly it has nothing to do with you. It's a shit situation yes but you're not helping yourself by constantly mulling over it. I think you need to get some kind of help as you're clearly not able to move on. As for him 'getting off scott free' as you keep putting it, what do you expect to happen?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    That's his choice and quite frankly it has nothing to do with you. It's a shit situation yes but you're not helping yourself by constantly mulling over it. I think you need to get some kind of help as you're clearly not able to move on. As for him 'getting off scott free' as you keep putting it, what do you expect to happen?

No true but not nice all the same he has no respect for women. Just want to stand up for myself but don't know how
  • Options
    You don't exactly exhibit a lot of respect for women either. What damage is he really doing to your reputation or social life by saying what he's saying?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    You can't change any of what's happened but what you can do is learn from it. And here lies the problem because at the moment you're not learning from it; in fact you're obsessing about it (unhealthily so).

No, the issue here isn't this guy, his girlfriend, or even what's happened; it's YOUR reaction to it and YOUR inability to deal with it in a healthy way. I sense that, that comes from low esteem, however until you yourself realise this and look at addressing it then you're just going to keep repeating the same unhealthy patterns and posting the same never-ending threads on these boards.

Some really good insight here - jacobs gal - I'm not sure you need to worry about standing up for yourself in relation to what's happened already, it's more about building your sense of self worth for the future. Here's an article on low self-esteem you may find helpful. :)
  • Options
    You don't exactly exhibit a lot of respect for women either. What damage is he really doing to your reputation or social life by saying what he's saying?

He's a compulsive liar so just don't like negative things said about me whilst he's swanning around as usual! I wil not touch him again too much damage done but would like to do summat to stand up to him
  • Options
    Short version. You can't.

Long version. There is nothing you can do to stop him saying whatever he likes about you, so give up worrying about it and live your life.
  • Options
    Suck it up, move on.

That's the closest you're going to be able to get to "winning" in this situation.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Suck it up, move on.

That's the closest you're going to be able to get to "winning" in this situation.

Or in slightly kinder terms - letting it go. Sucking something up suggests absorption. If you let it go, you're not carrying it with you any more, you're free. If I'm being a complete hippy about it - here's a list of 40 ways to let go and feel less pain. :d