Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Feeling low, food and camhs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hai :wave:
Firstly wanted to say sorry for just disappearing a couple of weeks back (although im not sure anyone noticed aha), but recently me state and how i feel have gone pretty down hill and i just don't have the enthusiasm to talk to people that much.
I started struggling round food again and is pretty much just got back to as bad as i was before and i feel stuck really. Today when i tried to eat every time i did have something i was suddenly sick again. I dunno if its because of low amounts or not, wondering if anyone knew?
Also i had a phone call from someone at camhs yesterday and she actually seemed pretty nice. She knew about everything the voices and the attempts - which in a way made me feel better cos i didn't have to tell her.
But im worried because when she asked me how i was i just panicked and said i was fine, when i haven't been and i don't know why i do this.
Also she asked me stuff on a scale, of like 1 - 10 and i felt too embarrassed at the time to tell her that i can't properly answer that stuff because i don't have the ability to visualise levels, amounts, put things on scales and generally visualise things especially relating to numbers.
But yea - thanks for reading me mini essay lol, felt like i needed to talk somewhere.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Alfie,

Glad to see you back here at The Site, You say that you dont have the eunthusiam to talk to other people much but it is great that you feel you can post on here. Do you feel anxious or nervous ?, this may be why you are finding it difficult to eat, Have you tried eating very small portions or something that is easy to eat ?
    It is great that the call you had from CAMHS made you feel better, don't worry about telling her you felt fine when you panicked Im sure she will understand that it will take a bit of time for you to open up to her and build a trusting rapport, explain to her also when you feel ready that you don't feel comfortable dealing with numbers and is there another way you could approach things together ?

Thanks again for posting on here and remember there is always somewhere here for you. Please continue to post and let us know how things are going for you.

Hugs,
    B.
    Hi Alfie,

Might be worth taking a look at this thread I made the other day. I have a similar problem with the sickness, people have given some really good advice and suggestions and I'll update the thread when I see the doctor next week.

Do you have an appointment with CAMHS any time soon? It might be worth speaking to them about the purging and sickness.
    Its not a can't well it feels like a can't to me but i just don't eat. Part of me hates it cos if makes me feel so crap but if i do more than i should i feel so guilty and end up being sick, which is even worse. Pretty much stuck back where i started so feels a bit urgh.
    And yea should have me appointment date on wednesday - but i don't like discussing food or anything like that with them tbh.
    And im not sure - i am hoping they can give me another way to tell them like on a scale how i feel. But i usually just guess what i should say, but it always bothers me cos its like errr.. i dunno if that is right or not really.
    and i shall try :) Just feel like being alone all the time at the moment i guess.