Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Going on the Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel somewhat silly asking this question but here goes anyway...

I am considering going on the pill and was wondering do you have to go to the gynecologist first even if you're still a virgin or do you go after you start having sex? I wouldn't actually mind too much having to go to the gyno but just wondering what to expect when I go talk to the doctor.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry that this got posted twice. When I first tried to post it I was told that I couldn't post because it had been less than 30 seconds since my last post (which is ridiculous because I had just gotten back from a cigarette break meaning it had been at least a couple minutes since my last post). So I hit the back button and tried posting again and somehow it posted the first attempt anyways. Oh well... sorry about that!
    youd have to go to the doctors or family planning clinic to get a prescription for the pill, but you wont have to be examined or anything so dont worry about that.
    Thanks girls!

The reason I asked is because one of my friends from the States said that she had to go to the gyno first... but I wasn't sure if that was the general practice here in the UK.
    Nope , it isn't like that in the UK.

GP or family planning clinics over here.
    ive just started the pill n wasn't examined so i doubt you will be. they just take your blood pressure and weight thats all