Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Today

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's Isla's second birthday today. Would have been. I don't want to get out of bed. I want to hurt myself. What would she sound like? What would she look like? I miss her smile and giggle.

Impossible.

Comments

• Options
    hugs and kisses. try and be safe.
  • Options
    Ella hun please text me so I know you are safe. Keep strong. Lots of love :heart:
  • Options
    Just want to cuddle my little girl

Please be aware of the signs and symptoms
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    *hug*
  • Options
    thinking of you today sweetheart.
    you know where I am if you need to talk, anytime at all. you're not on your own.
    *hug*
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    :heart: Sending you lots of love. :heart:
  • Options
    Hugs Ella :heart:
  • Options
    Thank you.

I'm trying to keep busy, sort of working but I feel very disconnected from everything. I blame myself.
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    Thank you.

I'm trying to keep busy, sort of working but I feel very disconnected from everything. I blame myself.

Be kind to yourself...It's not your fault
  • Options
    It's not your fault Ella
    Loads and loads of hugs, here if you need anything, we all love you :heart:
  • Options
    It's not your fault in the slightest. Meningitis is one of the nastiest things out there.

Big hugs. Go easy on yourself, sounds like you had a good plan for light distraction and also going easy on yourself.
  • Options
    Big hugs ella *hug*
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    It's not your fault in the slightest. Meningitis is one of the nastiest things out there.

Big hugs. Go easy on yourself, sounds like you had a good plan for light distraction and also going easy on yourself.

This. Hugs Ella, thoughts are with you today.
  • Options
    Thinking of you, big hugs Ella... stay strong for your little girl.
    Spanner x
    (And thanks for the link - I've just had a look and found it very useful :) )
  • Options
    Completely overwhelmed with emotion. I don't want any of this to be real because it hurts so much. I'm scared that Isla would be ashamed of me. I'm weak.
  • Options
    It's world meningitis awareness day. Slap in the face because I wasn't aware enough.
  • Options
    It's world meningitis awareness day. Slap in the face because I wasn't aware enough.

Meningitis acts so quickly you couldn't have known hun. It starts like a little cold, and no parent can honestly say that they'd rush their child to the doctors or hospital for having a cold. It was not your fault at all :heart:
  • Options
    Big hugs *hug*

How are you doing today?
  • Options
    Not great, I didn't have a good night and I'm having not nice thoughts
  • Options
    The fact that there's a need for a World Meningitis Awareness day tells you how much more there is that everyone would benefit from knowing about.

I once went to a really good talk about meningitis, and the summary was that it's pretty much random for kids. It hits them so fast that it reach the point where nothing will make any difference. You can't treat every kid with cold symptoms as having meningitis because the world would ground to a halt.

Nothing we can stay will stop you hurting, but hopefully might be a tiny bit of reassurance that really you couldn't have done anything different.

xx
  • Options
    My brother sent me a text this morning. It doesn't matter how many times he sends abusive messages, I still open them hoping he will be saying something nice.

"Happy birthday to my bastard niece. She will be rotting in hell. One day you will too"

:crying:
  • Options
    Big hugs.

You don't need people like that in your life at this moment.

Remember, your little girl was loved so much for the short time she was on this earth - and you gave her that special experience.
  • Options
    My brother sent me a text this morning. It doesn't matter how many times he sends abusive messages, I still open them hoping he will be saying something nice.

"Happy birthday to my bastard niece. She will be rotting in hell. One day you will too"

Oh honey. That is disgusting. Please don't pay any attention to him.

We're all thinking of you. Both of you. She would never be ashamed of you. Ever. X
  • Options

What phone have you got now? If you have a smartphone then you can download an app and you can block numbers from texting you. I find it veerryyy useful. Remember hun, he's worthless, he didn't even know her birthday for fuck sake. I know it's hard but you have to ignore him, he's trying to provoke you and make you do something silly and you are stronger than that. :heart:
  • Options
    Blackberry, I've had a look but I can't find any phone number blocking apps, had a google and apparently it isn't possible.

I'm really struggling with bad thoughts.
  • Options
    Blackberry, I've had a look but I can't find any phone number blocking apps, had a google and apparently it isn't possible.

Have you spoken to your provider? They might be able to help c
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit

Can you just get a new number and don't give it to any such person or anyone who might give it to them?
  • Options
    They've said that blocking isn't possible, but I'm going to speak to them again and see because I fail to see how they can't block a number. I don't want to have to go through the hassle of changing my number if I can help it.
  • Options
    Have you spoken to your provider? They might be able to help c

I would have thought so. Provider can certainly tell you for certain. Also they could help you change your number if it's not possible as Indrid suggests. Personally, I think it's what I'd do. Your brother sounds like an appalling person, you don't need that.
  • Options
    I'm meeting my new pysch nurse tomorrow. On one hand, this is good because I've waited so damn long for this to actually happen. On the other hand, I'm past caring about myself. I feel so uncomfortably numb, but out of control at the same time.