Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Gluten Intolerance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 90% sure I have a problem with gluten...

I went on a diet comprising of a lot of raw food and no processed food, as recently I've been bloated as hell around my belly. This week I had amazing energy and no bloating and felt amazing...

Tonight I was baking for somebody and ate some of the batter to check it and hey presto... Waistline up three inches and I feel like a blimp... :o I feel like crap right now.

I previously thought my issue was soy, but now not so sure...

Thing is, I've only had this recently and I can't figure out how I'd have problems with food suddenly a year shy of thirty. Only thing I can think is that it's my medication (quetiapine), but my Dr said it can't cause intolerances...

Is it possible to get intolerant to food in your late 20s?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know when my dad had various other niggling issues going on he found that going gluten free made a big difference.

Seems to come and go in his case.
    Namaste wrote: »
    Is it possible to get intolerant to food in your late 20s?

I don't know about intolerance, but allergies can certainly spontaneously develop.

My lactose intolerance comes and goes, too.
    Intolerances and allergies can come and go at any age. My soya allergy gets worse some time and better now. Gluten is a very common one for bloating
    It could also be certain types of gluten - i.e. wheat gluten might cause a reaction, but oat gluten might not...I'm fine with oats but cannot touch wheat, and the other thing is it's linked to my hormonal cycle, so there is a week where i should not go near wheat at all!