Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

They made me feel good...

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
What has your other half or a friend of yours done for you recently to make you feel good about yourself?

A friend of mine recently text me after about 6 months to see if I wanted to catch-up and go for dinner - that's just one small example. :)

How about you?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The other morning when I woke up next to the guy I'm seeing he just looked at me and told me I was really beautiful. It made my day. I don't remember the last time someone ever said that
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ballerina wrote: »
    The other morning when I woke up next to the guy I'm seeing he just looked at me and told me I was really beautiful. It made my day. I don't remember the last time someone ever said that

:heart:
    Been in a bit of a mess recently, Jack somehow seems to know exactly how to cheer me up :heart:
    **helen** wrote: »

:D The best part was that it was totally out of the blue but sincere. It can be a bit contrived sometimes but it was done just right!
    My girlfriend is coming to see me this weekend and has been counting down the sleeps. I feel really wanted.
    Put on my socks because my feet were cold and I had just painted my nails. Simple things are the best :p
    I was feeling quite panicky on the train, and this man started talking to me. Young man in his early 20's. Told him about thesite as he mentioned he works with teenagehealth freak. Then i struggled with my suitcase and he helped me get it of the train. now I feel all smiley :D
    When I was 17, I was having a rough day and got chatting to a conductor at music centre. Unprompted, he said, "I think you're the nicest person I've ever had in my bands." I still remember that.

I sometimes think I should track him down and tell him how much that one comment meant, but I don't want to be a creepy stalker!
    I passed out last night and my friend who was with me stayed over because he didn't want me passing out again while I was alone. Made me smile. He also said a spider crawled on my face while I was asleep and he got rid of it, then declared himself a hero :lol::heart:
    One of my friends cancelled his Saturday night plans and went halves on a hotel with me just so I'd be able to go cheer people on at the marathon today :)
    Jen took an early off from work and came to my parent's house. She just hugged me tight for 10 mins and said that she knew I was hurting and asked me to come back home( our home) she said "our home".
    I'm back at our home now. :)
    Being told " you're really easy to talk to".
    I got a hand writtten letter in the post yesterday, it's always nice to receive a real letter! It makes you think of them sitting down and taking the time to write to you :)
    Having that one bestfriend that can tell you ''I feel really comfortable and can be really honest about you'' makes my day every time I see her, which is like everyday haha!
    My friend/colleague telling me she misses me when I'm not at work and I've kept her sane at our mad busy time. She also told me I'm performing above and beyond my three years experience :D
    Hey guys,
    Keep your thoughts coming, it's really positive to recognise the way that others enable you to feel good about yourself. Lots of these things, as your posts show, can be really simple - but still make a big difference.

Just last night my boyfriend cooked me dinner after a long day because I was really tired - but he was too, so the fact he did it in a cheerful way was massively appreciated!

You may be interested to know that a recent survey called 'Enduring Love' which asked 4212 people what helped them to feel good about themselves in relationships came up with the following findings on what people felt made a difference. These findings are from their interim report.
    • Saying 'thank you' and thoughtful gestures to appreciate the everyday mundane tasks;
    • Open communication and good listening to 'touch base' and unburden the daily stresses and strains;
    • Small acts of kindness - the little things (a hot choccie or cuppa?) more so than bouquets of flowers;
    • Saying 'I love you' and showing love for each other.

If you're interested in the wider research, you can find it here. :)
    It was a couple of weeks back, but I got back to work from being away and found a small packet of biscuits on my desk, with a yellow stickie saying 'thanks for getting that done before you went away'.

That really made my day, tiny jesture, but massive warm fuzzy feeling.
    A friend who I hadn't seen for a while, came to pick me up and we went for a hot chocolate and a catch up, was nice cos I wasn't feeling myself so it cheered me up :)
    I went to a tweetup on Friday and one of the (ridiculously good looking) guys I met has asked if Sir would be willing to share me. That has made me feel really good and is a serious ego boost :blush:
    One of my friends will text me most mornings sending love and virtual hugs. Never fails to make me smile :)
    I got a the back of my hand kissed last night.

Made me feel like I was a princess.
    Last night my girlfriend surprised me by coming to see me. She is working till Tuesday but came back on the bus to see me on Sunday night. i only found out when she text me saying she missed me and I said I did too. Then replied by saying it was a good job she was outside then :) I cudnt stop smiling all night
    I got a the back of my hand kissed last night.

Made me feel like I was a princess.

:shocking:
    a1ex wrote: »
    Then replied by saying it was a good job she was outside then :)

The policeman on friday, sat in a&e with me for 6 hours and let me play on his iPhone. Like, he deserves an award for THE BEST officer there is!:D
    Just bumping this as looking for your thoughts on little things that cheer you up if you've had a particularly rubbish day... Any more for anymore? :)
    Seeing your face has made me smile.
    I had a rubbish day, but I just got a text from Fiend that says, "You do not look like a troll."

It's a bit silly out of context, but trust me that it's probably the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day!
    You don't look like a Billy Goat's Gruff either.
    Piccolo definitely DOES NOT look like a troll. I think she looks like a person excited to be meeting Neil Gaiman and happy to be there.