Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Support worker :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Iam in a shared house and Iam haveing really bad problams.

The support workers said to me when i first came to virsted that its come and go as iam pleased, there not here to judge people they here to support me and the others in the house that lives with me. One of the people that lives with me told me to move. The support worker told me too a few times now. One of the support worker just told me to go now. i dont know what to do now. i cont cope with any of this no-more. iam to stressed and low and far to ill to be dealing with this and having it on top of me and making men ill even more :( iam getting told what to do by them and dont let me do it in my own time they told me they dont judge or do anything like this. do i belive them or dont i. i dont trust them at all and dont belive them beause of whats going on (not going in to much depth as its a long story) . i feel so emasial and low. giving up. thinkin do i move or what. i cont trust my famliey niver. iam on my own. no-one cares :( i might aswell doing something and then requeting it after wards :impissed::crying:

i really dont know what to do. :crying::crying::crying:

I just want someone to care and help me threw everything will be ok :( not going to happen

Comments

• Options
    Is there a house manager you can speak to, or tell your support worker that youre feeling confused and overwhelmed with things.
  • Options
    Yep but they go on the support worker side no point telling them :(
  • Options
    Remember they are there to help you and support you.

Ask them to make it all clear to you
  • Options
    No point they dont care about me and wont do nothing niver iam on my opwn with everything :(
  • Options
    how come you have a support worker. Is there something specific you need help with?
  • Options
    Why are they asking you to go?
  • Options
    *Seany**Seany* Deactivated Posts: 51 Boards Initiate
    Hi Heather,

Shared accomodation, like you describe, is usually contracted to a provider by a local council. Unless there's a specific reason for you to move (for instance, you're above the age range they cater for, or they're moving you to different accommodation), then no support worker should simply be telling you to leave.

If the house manager is ruling on the side of your support worker, then what you need to do is get in touch with your local council's social services and speak to them about how you're being treated (do you have a social worker as well as a support/key worker?). If the accommodation is owned and run by a private contractor (this is *usually* the case), then social services will be keen to do something about it as they're paying for it.

Some of the information in TheSite's Home, Law, and Money section might be relevant to your situation, so it's worth having a look through if you get a chance.

I hope things work out in the end - do let us know! :)