Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Rear Windscreen Wiper

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The motor appears to be going on my car. I know it's not an MOT failure (which is fortunate because it's at the end of the month) but how much can I expect getting it fixed to hurt?

Seat Ibiza 04 reg, 3 door, 1.2 petrol

Anyone?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just nip down to Halfords and pick one up. Probably be about ten quid. They have guides to find which one matches your car. Then it's literally a two minute job to remove the old one and replace it, or you could probably pay the Halfords man another ten quid to do that bit.
    Rly, 20quid for a new wiper motor? that's a lot nicer than I had thought.
    so it's not just a new windscreen wiper blade you need, it's the actual motor that moves it? I didn't even know there was a motor haha. just thinking that would probably be a bit more than just a wiper.
    How did you think it moved without a motor?

I thought it was gonna be more like £100 tbh.
    never mind :)
    Because FireyFirenze is a normal person (not an engineer).

I take it you've tried googling it? Youtube has videos for most things, often that tell you what parts you need - which you can then use to work out what they cost and take it from there.

Or, sometimes garages can give you rough ideas over the phone of what something like that would cost.

:p
    Meh, in my pre-tea blindness I mis-read what you'd wrote. I was talking about the blades.
    yeah, I worked out that you had. Though really you should know me a little better, I can handle wiper blades, they're a bit easier. :P
    Because FireyFirenze is a normal person (not an engineer).

:yes: We mortals are blind to the workings of machines.
    I'd nip down the local scrap yard and get another motor - but I'd check the relevant Haynes manual at my central library first.