Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Respect Tree

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Attachment not found.
I started building and painting this Respect Tree at work in late December, after a lot of swearing and blistered hands, it is finally finished! Thought I'd share it- kind of acts as a reminder that there's no shame in not being the same, as long as there's respect.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's amazing, ella! I could do with one of those in my workplace, it's a lovely idea.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm afraid I don't understand the meaning, sorry... Is there something I'm missing, such as a similar thing being made in the past, or what the fruits mean or...?
    I agree with Piccolo. Looks amazing, and a great message <3
    I'm afraid I don't understand the meaning, sorry... Is there something I'm missing, such as a similar thing being made in the past, or what the fruits mean or...?

I work part time in a children's home. There are very different personalities, complex needs, varying ages and the atmosphere could get tense. As staffed we talked to the children about respect and what things they said represented respect. The children said trees because they can hide hidden things, grow things and can survive hard times. They said that linked to them- by sight you wouldn't know that someone has problems, people grow and survive the hard times. More discussion and the children said they'd like a respect tree in the main entrance area. It was a lot of work but has really changed the atmosphere.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That's great work, and a nice analogy :)
    That's amazing ella, and a lovely idea.
    That's really good! Such a lovely idea too :)
    Thanks :) going to be honest, I'm pretty proud of the end result!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    You made that? Omg, wow, that is amazing, and I love the idea behind it to, amazing work and very inspirational!