Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I'm back!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello all. How many of the old crew are here? For those of you who don't know me I'm not surprised. I was very active on these very forums some 9-10 years (!!) ago. I was a fairly troubled and angst ridden teen, but these boards and the wonderful support of people really helped me. Since my last appearance I feel I have grown up considerably.

I am now 26 years old, and live with my husband Barry and four dogs, Lucien, Suzi Q, Bear and Indi. My reason for returning is twofold really. Firstly, I feel like I have grown up a lot and feel like I have also seen and been through a fair bit as well. I feel like this experience could be of use to people as it was for me when I was younger and confused.

Secondly, my husband and I looked at foster care recently but we were turned down due to his disability. Our plans are to move to Malta and as they are somewhat behind the UK when it comes to homosexuality and fostering /adoption, I feel like there is a hole inside me that I can only really fill by helping people. Before coming full time carer for my husband, I worked in dementia care homes and absolutely loved being able to make a difference to people's lives. I now deliver and collect catalogues and while it's a service, I still have a want to give pastoral support. As and when I can help, in any small way I will.

I briefly appeared on these boards about 3-4 years ago, but looking back, even then perhaps I wasn't mature enough to fully qualify in the help I wanted to provide. Anyway, deep, meaningful stuff over. I also have a very dry and dark sense of humour so I'm also here to have a laugh and reconnect with people online. Apart from facebook which I visit but don't actively post often, I haven't been active on forums for a long time and aside from writing computer games articles for a website, I figured what better time to get stuck back in!

So anyway, hello to all, old and new and hopefully I can help and support where needed. Sorry for the overly long and convoluted re-intro!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello there you :) (formerly MrG) :wave:
    Haha hello! I remember! I had a look at the top posters yesterday and was completely unsurprised tossee morrocan roll still miles out in front! ;-)
    By the way are signatures now submitted to the mods to approve? As mine isn't showing:banghead:
    By the way are signatures now submitted to the mods to approve? As mine isn't showing:banghead:

Your signature shows up fine for me!
    Oh weird. I can't see it. Ah well, as long as others can! :d
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Welcome back o.o - Do you like pie? O.o
    Pie? Why pie? I prefer pizza but cheese and onion pie is ace. Or am I missing the point?
    Do you like Jessie J? ;) Felt like joining in with the questioning

Welcome back (:
    I love Jessie J. She's a legend in the making! I wish she'd hurry up ans release some new material though:yes:
    We can be friends :D
    Lol. I'm up for that :d
    I'm still around :wave: I distinctly remember an incident where we both got threatening emails from a psycho bitch on here that hated us many moons back. I'm 23 now :nervous:
    I recognize your avatar (from reading old posts I think) I've been here since early 2009 under a different user name, and then this one.

It's nice to see a positive story on the boards! Welcome back :wave:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hi there, I remember! :wave: (I used to be Zalbor, not sure if you were still here when it changed)
    Great news!

As for the signature, I can only see it in one of your posts above. Check your settings and see if it's added by default.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    How about Llamas, do you like Llamas? I don't like pie O.o
    aw, a proper oldie! welcome back :)

does your sister post on here or have I made that up?
    Husbaaaaaaaaaaaand
    Hello you! (Formerly known as twisted_trinity)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    *waves*

I don't post much but I lurk. Good to see a new oldie pop up again. :wave:
    Hello again :)

I'm still me.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I'm still around :wave: I distinctly remember an incident where we both got threatening emails from a psycho bitch on here that hated us many moons back. I'm 23 now :nervous:
    Yeah I remember that! And hello everyone else :wave: and hello wife as well! I just told my husband about you ans his face was rather amusing as I tried to explain. It feels kind of strange to be back. In a good way though!

Edit: Yes my sister was on here and posted as much if not more than I did but I can't remember her username!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Old Skool.
    Weekender Offender 
    I know right? Next I'll be wearing a cap sideways and asking what the 411 is...:lol:
    hey!!!
    Your sister used to post as Namaste.

I posted under a new username for a while, and I was a better person, but then I broke so went back to this one.
    They all come back eventually ;)
    Namaste! Yes! But she was called something else before that. Maybe I'll nudge her and try and get her to pop in and say hello. Whether she does or not is another matter. She's tres independent ;)
    yes, I couldn't remember what it was before that - and then in a flash "moonrat"

I don't think you need to chase her, she posts occasionally.
    Hello! I spoke to you on the phone once at a meet I'm the Met Bar. Those were the days ;)
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Hello you! (Formerly known as twisted_trinity)

I actually didn't know that! Now I'm embarrassed. So many people changed their names or came back under a new name I couldn't keep up. Clearly not in the loop. :blush: