Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need advice...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, so i don't really post on here a lot anymore and i wasn't sure which "category" this would be most suitable in, but here goes anyway.
So there is this guy in my year who will not leave me alone. I used to have a crush on him and told him, but at first he turned me down and messed me around a whole lot and i decided to just ignore him from then on. however, he began to inbox me regularly asking to "meet up" in a suggestive manor - if i reciprocated in any way he'd then say that he was "merely kidding" and would go on to insult me. this continued for a while, and when i'd had enough and blocked him on facebook he began to text me daily. i kept telling him to back off but he wouldn't. i blocked his number but he made a new facebook account and started it up again, trying to trick me into meeting up with him (saying that i was too scared, or "flaccid" as he put it, if i didn't; this would make me want to prove him wrong).
I am just so confused because even though he's said he wasn't interested, he will not leave me alone and treats me like an idiot. if it is not over the internet/phone then he belittles me in real life (he is in my year at school). this has gotten me into trouble in class (i've lashed out at him before when i really could not take it), even the school has told him to back off but he uses his "model student" status to make me look like the bad person and i just feel so sad and out of control and most of all CONFUSED when i think about the whole situation. I wish i'd never told him i liked him in the first place.

so what i'm asking is, if you're still reading, what on earth should i do about this??

Comments

• Options
    This seems like a clear cut case of harassment. I don't want to suggest going to the police first, but if you maybe told him to stop and say if he doesn't that you will go to the police. But I don't think that's the best way forward but it is a way forward.

I can only empathise and send hugs your way. I know how horrible situation it is to be in.
  • Options
    You need to keep a diary of incidents for a bit, write down when and how and what was said, and then take that to your form tutor, then the head of year, then a deputy, then make it clear if it doesn't stop you're going to the police. Scale it up appropriately.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    You need to keep a diary of incidents for a bit, write down when and how and what was said, and then take that to your form tutor, then the head of year, then a deputy, then make it clear if it doesn't stop you're going to the police. Scale it up appropriately.

:yes:

Most schools have a bullying policy - if the teachers aren't helping you then ask to see it and talk through it with them to show that you're serious. Maybe start by talking to a teacher who doesn't know this guy so well and won't be blinded by his reputation.

You could also try Cybermentors if you need more help or advice - it is run by the organisation Beat Bullying and they will have some good ideas on what to do.

I really hope you can get this sorted out *hug*