Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Work problems and stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thursday last week I was put on a job which I couldn't do. I kept getting behind on the job (the job is on a conveyer belt). The supervisor moaned at me and said that I should go and see person B about swapping me with someone else. I was so mad that I went off line and went to see person B.

Person B wasn't there so I went back on line and he moaned at me further. I told him that person B wasn't there, (she was on her t break).

At lunch time I went to see person B and told her that I couldn't do the job and I wanted to be moved. She told me that I should be able to do it. I then said to her that I nearly walked out before and she replied back saying that If I did that, then I wouldn't be coming back to work.

I came back after lunch to find out that I hadn't been moved. I put up with it for 1.5 hrs. My supervisor moaned at me, said to keep up and he knew I couldn't.
I finally broke down and left the line intending to walk out. I went to the changing rooms upstairs and calmed down. I eventually went back on to the factory floor and went to Person B. She swapped me with someone (who was my mate and did his job instead).

I'm still pissed off with that day. I'm starting to look for a job properly because I can't stand working there any longer. I might have another breakdown and one of these days, I might walk out and never go back.

I've been looking at two job sites (Monster and Fish4) and I can't find anything suitable for myself.

I wouldn't mind getting involved in photography but it takes time and I haven't done ANY photography since the start of November last year due to me getting very bad sciatica. (I'm much better now though).

I would love to quit my job on the spot, but I just can't do that.

I love to get involved in something to do with water as I love fly and course angling, but they all require qualifications that I don't have.
There's also webpage design, which I gave up on.

I don't know what to do in life any more. :grump: :banghead: :grump:

EDIT: I've been pondering what to do and I've come to the conclusion that I won't find a job. So, I'm thinking about writing something up like a cover letter for photography. And post it on a few websites.
It does has to be a Photography Assistant though. I have to look hard in to this and see where it will take me. I take good photographs but not the best. I might try weddings and portrait photography and see what is available where I am.

If it means leaving my current job, then so be it. If it comes to that I'll have to not spend anything and use what I have, I could also try and sell salmon flies and get my coffee coasters underway. God help me.